rusty engine bay

swanny1982

Advanced Member
hi all,

my engine bay is looking rather rusty especially the nuts etc, the car has a k&n apollo kit and underneath this in the gaps there is signs of rust also, has anyone else got this issue and recommend the quickest way to remedy, i.e engine bay re-spray, just paint the nuts, replace parts etc.

any pictures would be great

Pasty

Banned
I've got the same problem with mine, so I've got to the extreme and taken the engine out, and now it's having a full respray at my local bodyshop, the rust was so bad, the front end needed chopping and a new front end welded in place! I've also taken every bracket and engine cover / part to be powder coated in satin black, (inc all the strut braces etc) and every bolt and nut is replaced with marine grade stainless steel. All the hoses have also been replaced from the standard black, to a set of bright white ones along with all the clutch lines and hard lines being replaced with hel lines....

I've spent a fortune on it, but in my eyes, the cars worth it, and considering I didn't spend a great deal to purchase it, what I'm pumping into it will only increase the value! So I'll always be onto a winner!

Pasty

Banned
How would you repair a front end damaged car? Same manner. No difference than replacing a boot or wing.

gaza4

Advanced Member
Pasty said:
How would you repair a front end damaged car? Same manner. No difference than replacing a boot or wing.
boots and wings etc are bolt ons, its a different story when your chopping up the chassis. what parts exactly are you welding on???

swanny1982

Advanced Member
Ha ha now look what you've started!! Any way thanks for the advice, my mechanic suggested lifting out the engine and giving the bay a re spray so will maybe go for that too!