Safety Recall Notices

hannan

I sell Honda's for a living for an authorised Honda dealer and I am a proud owner of a DC5. I have today been able to confirm that any genuine recalls on any "Grey Import" Honda, Honda UK will foot the bill. There is procedure the dealer must follow and it is a bit longer than usual but Honda UK aim to please. Those who have carried out and paid for any recalls I suggest you write to Honda UK with your supporting documentation and see if you can get some reimbursement. It is not Honda UK's responsibility to alert people who have a car from outside Europe for recall notices, however since you own a Honda product they will want to look after you. Any parts issues etc give the parts department at Amethyst Honda a call on 01242 570088 (Cheltenham) and 01452 726260 (Gloucester), the boys in the parts department have many a time sourced parts that other dealers would have not bothered ie keys, bose subwoofer from the RSX etc. I will at some stage when I have the time put a photo of my car on this site as it looks like a UK supplied car (from the number plates), many people have been fooled by my clever conversion. :D

mugen chip

Advanced Member
would the honda dealers over here look after my dc5 if something ever went wrong ?? mines a 2003 model

BlueFin

mugen chip in essence yes. You can take out a Honda warrenty but does require you to chase a dealer willing to put the paperwork into Honda.

mugen chip

Advanced Member
good news for me then cheers blue fin
my dc5 has 2500kilometres so it wont be due a service for a while yet :D

hannan

If you guys want a to put a Honda warranty on your car let me know, the recall issue is completely seperate and dealt in a different way. By putting a Honda warranty on your car you wont register your in way for recalls etc. It will purely provide mechanical breakdown, you can add options like AA cover, Wear and tear options, MOT cover.

BlueFin

Hi hannan, I'd be interested in Warrenty cover. My car arrives in the second wee of Novemeber but I'm based in th SE (Kent), would that pose a problem?

Parm

T666YPR

Count me in,if you can get warranties. :D

My dealer wasn't interested,gave loads of excuses 'til I said I knew it was up to them. :evil:

CharlesW

Glenvargill Honda in Aberdeen arranged a Hondacare warrenty for my DC5 MY2002. They also service it. When I first went round there all the sales staff came out for a gander.

If your local Honda dealer makes any excuses take your custom elsewhere.

hannan

The recall on my car was carried when the car was in Japan, Honda UK have told me as they don't have a register of all grey import Honda's in the UK they are currently unable to issue recall notices. However by 2007 on the Japanese Honda site there will be section for owners of grey imports to check there cars for recalls. :D