SAINSBURY'S INSURANCE RESULT!!!

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Topgeezer said:
All they need is a copy of the Toad receipt with the model number etc, should be OK then.
That's all the companies i've dealt with want.....

T.G.
Correct ^^^^ all cat1 alarms have built in immobilizer

redcap

Advanced Member
I'm renewing in the next few days, Sainsburys are quoting me £440 which seems reasonable but there are some question marks over the cover they are providing looking at some posts on here. I have entered the correct car info 2.0 Type R and Alarm/Immobiliser info. Why does their site day they don't insure imports but you can select an imported car?!?

I definitely have some reservations about insuring with them, the closest quote to them I've had is about £100 more which was Direct line I think.

Those of you who have gone with Sainsburys, are you sure it's all legit. I'm still going to call the usual numbers to see what they can do but I'm sure I'll be looking at quotes that will be double from the likes of Sky and A Plan etc.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
redcap said:
I'm renewing in the next few days, Sainsburys are quoting me £440 which seems reasonable but there are some question marks over the cover they are providing looking at some posts on here. I have entered the correct car info 2.0 Type R and Alarm/Immobiliser info. Why does their site day they don't insure imports but you can select an imported car?!?

I definitely have some reservations about insuring with them, the closest quote to them I've had is about £100 more which was Direct line I think.

Those of you who have gone with Sainsburys, are you sure it's all legit. I'm still going to call the usual numbers to see what they can do but I'm sure I'll be looking at quotes that will be double from the likes of Sky and A Plan etc.
Gordyitrdc5 said:
I have spoken to sainsbury's today about this & they have confirmed that they do insure grey imports, as they have changed insurance underwriters, as there previous underwriters would not cover grey imports. hope this helps clear up any issues. I did ask them to update there FAQ so people would not be confused by this!!
Gordy ^ has already had this confirmed, a phone call to them should put your mind at rest ;)
Let us know how you get on.....

T.G.

d2007ave

Advanced Member
I had mine insured with sainsburys, called them to mention the mods and they didnt increase the premium I obtained over the Internet,

As far as I can see if they list the dc5, take your money and send a cert of insurance you are insured, if they don't cover imports they shouldn't list them and take money!

I think though various other members have discussed the validity of insurance with sainsburys.

It is an anomaly for sure, incidentally I moved my ins off the teg to a type s civic and they wanted an extra £300---- that's another story though
I'm back with sky now

kazmo

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
sainsburys turned out more expensive for me, so am now a happy Keith Michaels customer, everything insured, just over a k
5 years owned and still payin over a grand !

redcap

Advanced Member
d2007ave said:
I had mine insured with sainsburys, called them to mention the mods and they didnt increase the premium I obtained over the Internet.
May I ask what number you called and who you spoke to?

blueguy

Resident J's whore
kazmo said:
5 years owned and still payin over a grand !
I've noticed that this year is the first year in a long time where I've been able to negotiate better deals like the good old days.

JezW

Advanced Member
Gordyitrdc5 said:
I have spoken to sainsbury's today about this & they have confirmed that they do insure grey imports, as they have changed insurance underwriters, as there previous underwriters would not cover grey imports. hope this helps clear up any issues. I did ask them to update there FAQ so people would not be confused by this!!
Topgeezer said:
Gordy ^ has already had this confirmed, a phone call to them should put your mind at rest ;)
Let us know how you get on.....

T.G.
Since their website still states "We do not cover Japanese imports", I would want something in writing...

Phone them up and request an email saying that their FAQ is now incorrect.

H105Daz

Advanced Member
Renewal just came through ..£278 fully comp/breakdown cover/courtesy car/insured no claims/legal cover ...thank-you very much! :xwavey:

Lukerobz

Wow some good prices they're I was with Sainsburys with my Astra vxr they did me a good price I got the dc5 they wouldn't insure me, ended up with green light insurance for 621 for the year on the dc5 roll on renewal seems prices are dropping :)

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
Lukerobz said:
Wow some good prices they're I was with Sainsburys with my Astra vxr they did me a good price I got the dc5 they wouldn't insure me, ended up with green light insurance for 621 for the year on the dc5 roll on renewal seems prices are dropping :)
Glad we could help mate. If you need anything at all throughout the policy or want to add extra modifications you can just drop me a PM directly and i'll take care of that for you.

Best Regards
neil
Greenlight

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Well its that time again just had my renewal from sainsburys £244.86 a £20 saving on last year declared my mods no charge A-plan quoted me £325.00 so it looks like am staying with sainsburys. So happy days.

Rom

Advanced Member
I just tried sainsburys, just from reading this. They were over £100 than Greenlight.

I don't know how some of you guys are getting it so cheap?!

I'm 31, 12 Years ncb! Don't live in the ghetto, and they wanted 560

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I tried them too just from reading reviews on here, although i normally never would, spoke to some old guy but he couldn't quote me, their system spazzed out after listing about 10 mods lol They seem to be great for some people as long as you dont have a lot of mods.

dave7368

Advanced Member
maybe not for me either then haa :wacko:

maxvr6 said:
their system spazzed out after listing about 10 mods lol They seem to be great for some people as long as you dont have a lot of mods.

Rom

Advanced Member
To be honest, i was, and am, impressed with Greenlights quote. To the point i wasnt even going to get another.

Then i thought id see roughly what others pay on here. Saw this thread, i drank the kool aid, it tasted bitter!