SAINSBURY'S INSURANCE RESULT!!!

kneedowndean

Advanced Member
Just bought my insurance from sainsburys. 38, Scotland, 10 years no claims with wife as second driver. £215 all in, that's for their 'premier' cover too. Can't argue with that. The mondeo is practically the same price.

MrRy

Advanced Member
I called them up as had a really cheap quote, and added this modifications initially to the list to see what they could do:

- Toad AI606 Cat 1 Alarm
- YellowSpeed Coilovers
- 17" Dunlop Direzza RSC Forged alloys with Locking Muteki Wheel Nuts
- Yokohama AD08R's in 225/45/17
- Spoon N1 mid-section
- Top Fuel Induction Kit
- Defi Water Gauge and Defi Controller
- Uprated front brake pads
- Sony Double Din Headunit

And the guy could only apologise as the system came back with a "Do Not Insure" on the modifications list. I didn't even give him the other 2/3rd's of the modifications lol.

Standard or lightly modified cars I'm sure they are fine, but if you have a fair few modifications I can't see how you guys are getting quoted with legally binding insurance. As once you crash, unless you get a lazy inspector or someone is having a good day, there is no way you will get away with not declaring modifications no matter how small you think they are (camber arms, polybushed suspension, engine dampers, brake stoppers, etc.) as it will come back as insurance invalid and you will lose a lot.

Cheers
Ry

James-T

Advanced Member
I'm with Sainsbury's and my mods are covered, but it was a right pain in the arse.

I did have slight alarm bells ringing when the lady at Sainsbury's asked me what engine performance increase % my DS2500 brake pads made to the car. Also asked why I was doing these modifications, I advised I like to do trackdays. She then started flapping and had to phone the underwriter about the trackdays, even though I said about 5 times that 'I know I'm not insured on a trackday'.

I doubt I'll be renewing with them, regardless if they are the cheapest.

Mullyace

Advanced Member
James T said:
I'm with Sainsbury's and my mods are covered, but it was a right pain in the arse.

I did have slight alarm bells ringing when the lady at Sainsbury's asked me what engine performance increase % my DS2500 brake pads made to the car. Also asked why I was doing these modifications, I advised I like to do trackdays. She then started flapping and had to phone the underwriter about the trackdays, even though I said about 5 times that 'I know I'm not insured on a trackday'.

I doubt I'll be renewing with them, regardless if they are the cheapest.
Sounds like the same woman I spoke to lol

Initial D

Advanced Member
Well after 5 long years I've come back to a DC5 :D

I called all the brokers and went with A Plan.....who told me the policy was starting Friday. I've found out today that my car wasn't insured and they haven't started the policy! They've not taken any money...yet but I'm majorly disappointed with them! Also being a broker I will have to wait till Tuesday to "talk" to the.

So did a quick quote on Sainsbury's today and they have come in at £478 which is £62 cheaper! Let's hope this is the only bump in the road for me and the Teg .

Erm

Advanced Member
I've just gone with Sainsburys, just over £300 with protected no claims, legal cover and breakdown cover

Can't complain for less than £1 a day

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Looks like I will be staying with sainsbury's again just had my reminder through £259.70 gone up by £16.70 can't moan about that!

Rom

Advanced Member
What sort of mods lists you guys got? As they won't insure many from what I hear.
Also I assume no track coverage possible?

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Rom said:
What sort of mods lists you guys got? As they won't insure many from what I hear.
Also I assume no track coverage possible?
They don't cover track day insurance but I did ask the question, I went to a company that covers just track insurance cost me £85 for the day sainsbury were happy with that. As for the mods am covered for the wheels,exhaust, & suspension as long as the power is not increased they are more than happy to cover you! But I think if you sc/turbo it then you will have problems but who knows its all about business at the end of the day.

Justintian

Advanced Member
Just got £300 cheaper from sainsbury's comparing to chris knott... With everything covered to the same level... Quite happy with that.
But they didn't ask for the alarm or the value of the car. I asked about the value, for any car under £75000, if it is a total loss, they will pay it off on market value at that time and the mods is obviously not in the question. You won't get the exactly mods on a similar car surely.

MrRy

Advanced Member
So they will cover you for mods as long as power is not increased but you have an exhaust - will any manufacturer of an exhaust claim that they do not increase power? Let's just hope you don't need to claim and you don't get a thorough inspector.