Scumbags!

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
Guys,

I've had my DC5 for some 5 weeks now. I got a letter from Direct Line asking for proof of my NCB - which I sent them 3 weeks ago. So I called them to explain. To my horror I found that not only have they still got me insured still against my chassis number - I informed them of my reg no 4weeks ago - but they also had my car down as what is effectively a UK DC2 :shock: ! I double-checked this against my insurance docs; this reported 'Integra Type-R' 2.0litre(?). They now want to increase my premium by another £400! Its already £1,220.

I've told them to stick it and check the original telephone call (they say that telephone calls are recorded).

I suggest that EVERYONE checks and double-checks that they are insured for the correct vehicle, despite what your insurance certificate says. I know others have emphasised this before. I once worked in the IT dept of an insurance underwriter; they are ruthless and will find anyway they can to escape paying out for your pride and joy!

Duckhunter

I had an even bigger problem with Direct Line when I wanted to change my cover from DC2 to DC5. After they went away they said they couldn't cover me untill I was 25 :oops:

Which I would like to add was only a couple of months away at the time. I just went to Tesco instead and had to get them to check and double check the car and change the docs so that it was actualy 2 Litlle Import Integra R.

If they want to up it another 400 mate! Sounds about right although I was 24 at the time with 5 years no claims...

DH

T666YPR

I'm with Direct Line and have it insured as 2.0 Type R,checked and double checked when quote was nice and low.Think I might check again now to be sure. :(

Simon

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
Update...

Got a call back (now theres a suprise!) from Direct Line... they retrieved the call I orginally made to them for the quote - that was nearly 8weeks ago! They confirmed that I did indeed tell them that it was an imported vehicle that I was looking to insure. Their mistake, they've amended the policy accordingly with no extra charge :D

...but had I not said that it was an import, they were going to sting me for an extra £458!!! Cheeky sods.

(BTW - Direct Line are the underwriters for Tesco!)

Mark

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
DH...

Were you in Aborfield yesterday? A white DC5 was spotted by a mate of mine that lives on Penrose Park.

Mark