Seat Belt Drama

Crackfox

Advanced Member
My rear seat belt has stopped working. When I pull it, it's like if you pull it hard and just doesnt come out. Any suggestions on a fix/replacement?

Weirdly, I've moved the child seat to the other side, and that one makes a clicky ratchet noise when you pull it out.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
My rear seat belt has stopped working. When I pull it, it's like if you pull it hard and just doesnt come out. Any suggestions on a fix/replacement?

Weirdly, I've moved the child seat to the other side, and that one makes a clicky ratchet noise when you pull it out.

If you get stuck I think I have a spare set in the loft you could have one if needed mate

Crackfox

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
If you get stuck I think I have a spare set in the loft you could have one if needed mate
Cheers mate. Think I need to get them out first and take a look. Read last night if you release the bottom bolt it might be enough to restart the mechanism.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Cheers mate. Think I need to get them out first and take a look. Read last night if you release the bottom bolt it might be enough to restart the mechanism.

No probs mate I think I have them here still if you end up needing one, I am just clearing out parts now that I will no longer need lol

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Cheers mate. Will let you know if I don't get anywhere. They're pretty pricey third hand.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
Cheers mate. Will let you know if I don't get anywhere. They're pretty pricey third hand.

Don‘t worry I won‘t want much as it's wasted here, I‘ll get in the loft to check I have hem still but 99% certain I do mate

TomNorris

Advanced Member
Weirdly I had this exact same issue last week with a baby seat.

The seat belt will pull out once but once its going back in to tighten you then can't loosen it again. Makes getting a child seat out a pain.

Both of mine in the back do it. I just put it down to a weird Japanese quirk.