Second hidden Cig lighter feed?

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
I need a double hidden USB power feed behind my stereo. One to power my Ipod and the other my MHL converter for my phone. Now I tried this a while back by bastardizing a couple of 12v phone chargers with the aim to wire them directly onto the back of the existing ciggy lighter out of sight, but, the internals of these things were useless at best, basically just fell to bits.

So is there a good way to do this or is it better to just try and source another ciggy lighter?

Cheers in advance.

El_Boomo

Advanced Member
I got a dual USB module off eBay for about 3 quid and wired it into the switched live of the stereo harness. It's possibly the easiest way of hard wiring USB cables and for 3 quid you can't complain

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
El_Boomo said:
I got a dual USB module off eBay for about 3 quid and wired it into the switched live of the stereo harness. It's possibly the easiest way of hard wiring USB cables and for 3 quid you can't complain
Does the module have a fuse and charge cut out type stuff in them? Also is it a bare wire type or are u having to pull it apart to botch it?