Selling?

Midnight

Advanced Member
I read it wrong if that's the case, sorry.

Like any project, well for me once it's complete half the fun is over. For someone else (potential buyers) a complete bargain 😂

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I read it wrong if that's the case, sorry.

Like any project, well for me once it's complete half the fun is over. For someone else (potential buyers) a complete bargain
Fully get that as I enjoy getting things done and keeping occupied so to speak, it's the fun of building something up and seeing the transformation etc.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Great thread and see it from all sides

Personally if it was going to be a track car I would have stripped it out as one, then suspension, tyres, bbk, then power mods or final drive

Saying that the Japanese reviews of the dc5 going around track seem very capable around tracks lol

But we all love to mod one way or another

I wander who‘s got the cleanest and finest 100% standard example here?

MrRy

Advanced Member
My 2p - if I was a buyer, I would be happy buying a heavily modified car in terms of performance modifications as it means I can potentialy make money back changing the parts I don't like, with the only exception being that I would shy away from something known to have been turbocharged. As long as the exterior and interior are standard - 99% of people rarely make these cars look better than OEM with body kits.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I wander who‘s got the cleanest and finest 100% standard example here?
Very good question, there are some amazing ones on here imo. I have all the parts to put mine back to stock (literally everything apart form the backbox) so will more than likely do that if and when I sell it (unless someone wants it with the modifications also (obviously price would be to reflect such). I was even sad enough to buy another steering wheel (EP3 one) so my oem one boxed up and not getting worn...

The gf thinks I am mad, me I think I am sensible keeping everything as I have seen peoples struggles when it comes to returning the car to stock, the only mods that would never be able to come off my car are the baffled sump and the K100 (unless someone did a deal for than for oem ecu).

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
In my view. It depends how 'well' it's been done.
It's all well and good spending a fortune on good mods, but if they've been fitted poorly, and not set up well then it's more work to sort out.

A well modified to a good standard car is always worth looking at.

A car with a lot of branded parts fitted by a pillock without care is greif.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

p1tse

Advanced Member
^ just laughing at the world “pillock”

Been a while since I‘ve heard that being used :)

Cennix1

I've been looking at selling mine too and from what I have been watching, stock ones are definitely selling more and much more sought after. Given that the only modifications I have ever had is an exhaust, a parcel shelf, and seat covers, and she's only on 69k miles I don't think I'll be having many problems selling mine. How much the mods go for I have no idea! Dunno what I'll go for after...something I can put a baby in lol.