serious undervaluing?

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
That is too cheap! I going to say it's either the wrong price or it's a CAT D/C.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I paid £6,500 for mine 1.5 years ago, 51 plate, 50k miles.
Though it did need money spending on it such as new coilovers, rear discs/pads and some other little bits (about £1,200 total), it did have nice mods including full spoon exhaust system, carbon bonnet, dvd player, advan alloys.
The mods balanced out the repairs needed to be done!

-Woody-

Advanced Member
They have valued it to be cheapest on the market, obviously they dont have much of a clue. Sounds like a bargain

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Appears to be a good deal, even though it's got wannabe facelift lights. I notice there are no pictures of the engine bay or proper pictures of the interior :?

VT-Doo

RushDoo
hmmmm,

According to the free car check on the net is was registered on 01/12/01.
Now if that were true it means it could be one of the first ever imported into the UK.

The headlights make me think it's had a front-ender :-k

So who's going to phone up?
I might even buy it just to make some money :lol:

Mark_teg

Staff member
VT-Doo said:
hmmmm,

According to the free car check on the net is was registered on 01/12/01.
Now if that were true it means it could be one of the first ever imported into the UK.

The headlights make me think it's had a front-ender :-k

So who's going to phone up?
I might even buy it just to make some money :lol:
Im pretty sure that'll be in Japan as there wasn't many (if any) in the UK then..

Not many EP3s about then even.. :idea:

VT-Doo

RushDoo
It varies, it depends on how the car is registered when it's first imported. My car for example is a 2001 model and the registration date is 11/04/05

Yours is 01/05/02

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
VT-Doo said:
It varies, it depends on how the car is registered when it's first imported. My car for example is a 2001 model and the registration date is 11/04/05

Yours is 01/05/02
Mine is a 2003 (53) registered with the DVLA 03/12/2007

That C/W DC5 on pistonheads was registered with the DVLA on: 01 06 2007

So its a 2001 reg Imported to the UK in 2007

Use this:
http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/Ev...ework.internal.refresh&pageid=Vehicle+Enquiry

The headlights are those weird angel eye lights which explains why they look so new. 8)

CJ DC5

Advanced Member
VEHICLE ENQUIRY Services Provided By DVLA:

The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for SK*1 F*O are:

Date of Liability 01 04 2011
Date of First Registration with DVLA 01 06 2007
Date of First Registration 01 12 2001
Year of Manufacture 2001
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2000CC
CO2 Emissions 234g/Km
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour WHITE
Vehicle Type Approval M1

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £134.75
12 Months Rate £245.00

:green:

Stoo

Whining.....
CJ DC5 said:
Date of First Registration with DVLA 01 06 2007
I'd say it was imported around that date.

Dont forget guys, these ar now getting on for 10 yr old cars!
Originally they were only £26k or so in the first place, they depreciate, get over it........

I once last 5k in 12 months on a DC5 because of it, so what.
Thems the breaks

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Stoo said:
Dont forget guys, these ar now getting on for 10 yr old cars!
Originally they were only £26k or so in the first place, they depreciate, get over it........
I wasnt quite questioning the depreciation, but its amazing how much the price varies, there was another ad on PH for the same car same year but 58k on the clock and they were asking for 10k.

thats a £3,250 difference for the same car. (each car will have its own price but i wouldnt expect that much of a difference)

I know a cars only worth what someone will pay for it and if its over priced it wont sell, but when you look what the average is this one is way below what you would expect.

This well below average price would actually be enough to put me off if i was still looking to purchase as the price seems too good to be true and i would either think im going to get conned or that is has a problem that has not been disclosed

jay82

Advanced Member
might be just the angle but the drivers recaro has no red stitching and the roof lining has what looks to be a mark or dent just over the side window.
as for the price of cars now they are price on how quick the owner wants them shifted,
my car is a 2002 and i wouldn't take a penny less than 10.5k if sells it sells if it doesn't i don't care. i know the car is worth it.
i paid 23k when they were touching near 30k.
people are thinking no body has any money and its hard to sell cars cause the banks lost all our money.
but there is alot of bargins out there and now is the time to look for a bargin. alot of people have being selling there pride and joy

paul 16v

Advanced Member
i paid 10k for mine from a honda dealer 17months ago had 62k a fair bit of history,12months mot,6mths warranty, private reg transferred,new discs and pads,new front tyres,and a full tank of juice! i thought the screen price was a little high at the time but i got a really good px price on my 330ci(900 quid more than the price i paid for the car a month earlier) so it all evened its self out.

but imo now the car is worth about 8k.they have dropped in price alot in the last 12months there are quite a few popping up around 7k mark. soooooon all the chavs will have em!!!!

also with that car missing its stickers on the 1/4 pannels always looks strange, makes me think why have they been taken off and not replaced!

dave wilkinson

this car was for sale on pistonheads when i was looking for one, two months ago. there is alot wrong with it and the seller is one that can'nt be trust. told loads of lies while we were there. it was up for 7.5k then. at the listed price its prices ok as would need £1500 spending on it. its had lots of paint aswel. depends if this bothers people.