She's all mine !!!

Ken A

Advanced Member
Well I can finally say I'm a DC5 newbie. I've been posting and keeping an eye on here for about 2 wks now and its a great site.

I collected her yesterday evening but didnt have any time to clean it or check it out/drive it properly cause I had to go on nightshift last night. I'm just in now and dyin to go to bed so I'll give her a good goin over later on this afternoon when I get outta bed and take some piccies.

oh ya...its a '02 Arctic Blue !! :p :) :D :D :D :D

User

Advanced Member
So now looking back - aren't you gratefull we talked (bullied) you into it?

:wink:

Ken A

Advanced Member
User said:

Well of course ! :lol:

ya I'm liking this car already. I just need to get one or 2 small jobs done to it and i'm sotred...mainly an oil change and seat repair.

User

Advanced Member
Ken A said:
User said:

Well of course ! :lol:

ya I'm liking this car already. I just need to get one or 2 small jobs done to it and i'm sotred...mainly an oil change and seat repair.
Within 5 minutes of me getting my car home - I was changing the oil - even though the oil in it was only 50 miles old I wanted proper stuff in it.

I'm the seat repair champion - got mine done an absolute treat. Just order the cloth from capital seating and go find a pro to stitch it up nicely.

gregb

Advanced Member
hope it treats you well :wink: just seen the pics of it on carzone 8)
is that spots either side of the front reg plate?
did the seller really tell you it was 225bhp!as advertised, the things some dealers will try.

Tarmac

Advanced Member
Ken

If you need to get material to fix your seat, then I got the black and red material for the interior from these guys: http://www.zhivago.ie/. They are based in some industrial park in Finglas, Dublin but you can see them off the main M1 on your left if you're travelling from Belfast to Dublin. They won't have a clue what you're talking about but they have books of cloth there and as far as I remember the cloth names were "Paris Red" and "Paris Black". You'd really wanna check yourself though.

Ken A

Advanced Member
gregb said:
hope it treats you well :wink: just seen the pics of it on carzone 8)
is that spots either side of the front reg plate?
did the seller really tell you it was 225bhp!as advertised, the things some dealers will try.
hi Greg. its a funny thing but those pics on carzone are not my ACTUAL car !!! I copped that and questioned the dealer about it. his reply was that he had some photos on his Pc of a car he sold not so long ago and put them up rather than have to take some more and load them on etc etc. !!!

theres no spots on the front of my car and theres a tear on my drivers seat side bolster ( which is not in the piccy either ).

Theres also less mileage on my car (29k miles). I think he just put on the add he had with them for the last blue Dc5 he had in stock..lazy fecker !!!!

Dont worry, I was well aware of the specs of the DC5 before I bought it from him !! :wink: :wink:

Ken A

Advanced Member
Tarmac said:
Ken

If you need to get material to fix your seat, then I got the black and red material for the interior from these guys: http://www.zhivago.ie/. They are based in some industrial park in Finglas, Dublin but you can see them off the main M1 on your left if you're travelling from Belfast to Dublin. They won't have a clue what you're talking about but they have books of cloth there and as far as I remember the cloth names were "Paris Red" and "Paris Black". You'd really wanna check yourself though.
good stuff tarmac. I'll see if I can get a upholsterer down here to get it and fit it etc first. If not, i'll source the material myself and have it done then. :wink:

Ken A

Advanced Member
She's all mine...now with a few pics

Its bog standard but here's a few anyway !

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Looks sweet. Welcome to the club.

p.s. do you see any other images in peoples signatures? :wink: