Side indicator

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Snapped the clip off mine today taking it out. Any recommendations for replacements?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

wocka

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
Snapped the clip off mine today taking it out. Any recommendations for replacements?

As in aftermarket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crackfox

Advanced Member
wocka said:
As in aftermarket?

Just want to take any options into account really. Quality, price, supplier etc

wocka

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
Just want to take any options into account really. Quality, price, supplier etc

That‘s fair enough, seen a few guys running aftermarket so hopefully they shine some light

I personally like oem over all the others

Crackfox

Advanced Member
wocka said:
That‘s fair enough, seen a few guys running aftermarket so hopefully they shine some light

I personally like oem over all the others

I don't hate oem they just look a bit "messy". I feel the lens could be a bit smoother looking. If that makes sense

ATC

Got a set of "oem" clears which I took out of mine if you do want to replace like for like - I assume these are the same on FL?

Pretty sure they're identical to EP3 and accord side lights, so you might have more look searching for those. I've certainly seen "flush" and LED ones about

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
I had clear on mine until a few days ago. Switched back to orange ones as I think they suit the car more.
My orange side indicators came from an EP3. Direct swap. Paid £10 second hand, mint - on eBay.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
VtecPaul said:
I had clear on mine until a few days ago. Switched back to orange ones as I think they suit the car more.
My orange side indicators came from an EP3. Direct swap. Paid £10 second hand, unblemished - on eBay.
Mines always had clear. I thought they were standard!

Crackfox

Advanced Member
VtecPaul said:
Pre facelift DC5 were orange. Clear was an aftermarket thing.
As far as I know anyway!
Every days a school day.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Kaled_JDM said:
would face lift clear ones fit ok for pre face lift? I have orange ones at the moment.

Cheers!
I think they do. There are a lot listed as 2001-2006 when I've been looking so I can only assume so. If I can get my other one out in one piece when I get a new set I'll happily send you it to try if you want.

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
I think EP3 switched to clear at some point, I‘ve just removed clear off my CW car as I prefer the original orange to break up the white from the side profile.

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
They are dead simple to remove - a flat trim removal tool or pushing it sideways enough to compress the clip and it pops out.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
VtecPaul said:
They are dead simple to remove - a flat trim removal tool or pushing it sideways enough to compress the clip and it pops out.
I did it from inside the arch. The clip snapped off when I used it though.