Side mirror glass

joiner

Advanced Member
Cleaning up my mirror glass but it‘s been seriously water marked in Japan, polished most of it off but still not 100% happy. I‘m in two minds whether just to replace the glass so as new condition or live with it.

My question is, has anyone replaced there glass, I can‘t afford Spoon as want to keep OEM. Seen some on eBay but don‘t want to buy then discover the fit is crap in the plastic surround. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joiner 😀👍

joiner

Advanced Member
Mmm, that‘s the one that was worst as well, passenger side has cleaned up as new, I‘ll try a more aggressive compound on it like Meguiars ultimate compound and see if that brings it up any better 😀.

spooke

Advanced Member
What have you tried to get it off? Ceriglass is really good for water marks. Spoon now sell their glass for £100 and it looks so good! :D

joiner

Advanced Member
Tried meguiars with polishing foam, erased 90%, tried it again with microfibre pad and looks like its going to be a success 😃. Run out of time tonight so will finish tomorrow.

Would love the Spoon ones Spooke but £100 😳, wife would kill me considering what I spent this last few years on a garage ornament 😆.

P2ULW

Anyone wanting the drivers side mirror glass. Search for acura rsx mirror glass, this is the same thing and costs a fraction of the spoon glass. I got mine from ebay Germany for under 20 quid.