Single din fascia?

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Hi all,.

New teg has an old double din in it, and I have acquired a newish Sony single din that I would like to try out.

Does anyone know where I can get hols of a single din fascia adapter?

I can find rsx ones but they have a different layout

Cheers

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
RSX is what I have. fits fine. There is a thread on it somewhere in the ICE section, with links and all. May have to hunt a bit bud. :)

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
Assuming just a universal Din pocket is out of question then?
probably mate,

would rather have something that fits properly. i saw the thing that jimmers mentioned in a thread from 2011 and its £50 from dave at steels back then!

i would rather put that into a decent double din

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Yeah that won't fit, but I've got an RSX single din adaptor without the moulded bit on the side for the hazard switch. Wasn't difficult to find as I found it haha but I can't remember what or where from. Was over 4 years ago now. However there is a thread somewhere with a link. I'm sure if you google single din dc5 / RSX adaptor and put itr-dc5 on the end of it it may direct you to that post.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Yeah that won't fit, but I've got an RSX single din adaptor without the moulded bit on the side for the hazard switch. Wasn't difficult to find as I found it haha but I can't remember what or where from. Was over 4 years ago now. However there is a thread somewhere with a link. I'm sure if you google single din dc5 / RSX adaptor and put itr-dc5 on the end of it it may direct you to that post.
tried that with no look mate, and gone through a few pages on the ICE forum. like i said i found the one mentioning that you can get it from dave @ steels for £50 but thats it!

gaza4

Advanced Member
ok so i've come up with an idea...

the adapter i linked above is the Metra 99-7898 and is listed to fit
HONDA
Accord 1990-02
Civic 1996-00
Civic SE 2005
CRV 1997-03
Odyssey 1995-04
Prelude 1989-92

so i decided to search these cars on Autoleads which are way easier to get hold of
http://productfinder.autoleads.co.uk/productinfo.aspx?&tier1=Facia+Adaptors&tier2=HONDA&catref=FP-15-00

this adapter is listed as fitting the same cars as the Metra and looks very similar. now of course it would need to be measured to be sure but it could well work

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
gaza4 said:
ok so i've come up with an idea...

the adapter i linked above is the Metra 99-7898 and is listed to fit
HONDA
Accord 1990-02
Civic 1996-00
Civic SE 2005
CRV 1997-03
Odyssey 1995-04
Prelude 1989-92

so i decided to search these cars on Autoleads which are way easier to get hold of
http://productfinder.autoleads.co.uk/productinfo.aspx?&tier1=Facia+Adaptors&tier2=HONDA&catref=FP-15-00

this adapter is listed as fitting the same cars as the Metra and looks very similar. now of course it would need to be measured to be sure but it could well work
Now that is a great bit of research.

I shall drop auto leads an email for some dimensions.

Cheers mate

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
You can have mine for £25 +postage if you want a real Honda jobby..very handy to hide an Ipod/phone instead of using it for cds

Rom

Advanced Member
I'm using a generic din pocket in mine.
Assuming you have the jdm facia surround, it looks spot on.

Until I can find a double din that works perfectly, which I don't think I ever will with android. This is my setup.
Done purely so I can use phone for sat nav, and music / dab.

It's all bolted to the adapter, nothing to the car. So will go back to oem if needed, no holes.

That's with jdm surround that came with double din when imported.
Oh and that filthy phone is the gfs!

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Rom said:
I'm using a generic din pocket in mine.
Assuming you have the jdm facia surround, it looks spot on.

Until I can find a double din that works perfectly, which I don't think I ever will with android. This is my setup.
Done purely so I can use phone for sat nav, and music / dab.

It's all bolted to the adapter, nothing to the car. So will go back to oem if needed, no holes.

That's with jdm surround that came with double din when imported.
Oh and that filthy phone is the gfs!
that looks great, but my fascia surround is some generic one and apparently its a complete mess behind there from when original owner removed JDM stereo.

but thats good to know for people who have the original surround!

gaza4

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
Now that is a great bit of research.

I shall drop auto leads an email for some dimensions.

Cheers mate
let us know what they say!!!