Skunk 2 Alpha 4-2

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
Can anyone recommend or had any experience with these manifolds? Do they make good power ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James-T

Advanced Member
Just the 4-2 section? Probably doesnt make great power if it's keeping the standard cat section.

Lemons

Advanced Member
Should be decent gains as it's a decat, so far less restrictive, just a pain in the bum come MOT time as it will fail the emissions test (UK).

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
Should be decent gains as it's a decat, so far less restrictive, just a pain in the bum come MOT time as it will fail the emissions test (UK).
I was going to buy Tegiwa manifold but this came up so it got me thinking which will be better.

James-T

Advanced Member

Thats a 4-2-1 header, not a 4-2.
A 4–2 header would be from Spoon, for example. This keeps the OE cat or you can replace the 2-1 section too.

I imagine this Skunk2 version will give similar gains to all the other 4-2-1 headers on the market.

Why not take the plunge and report back your results?

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
Thats a 4-2-1 header, not a 4-2.
A 4–2 header would be from Spoon, for example. This keeps the OE cat or you can replace the 2-1 section too.

I imagine this Skunk2 version will give similar gains to all the other 4-2-1 headers on the market.

Why not take the plunge and report back your results?
I’m not really a risk taker lol. I just want to save myself time and headache that’s why I posted on here for help. It’s a lot bigger compared to other manifolds which will increase more gas flow but I think the fitting might be a headache

James-T

Advanced Member
I doubt there's any risk here. Skunk2 are a reputable brand and I'd much prefer fitting their header compared to the likes of Japspeed etc.

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
I also seem to notice a lot of ppl in US use the skunk 2 manifold. I haven’t found any reviews from uk

James-T

Advanced Member
Is Tegiwa manifold better then the skunk 2 ?
Better in which way? Power increase? Build quality? Ease of fitment? Durability?

It completely depends on your setup. I would say in terms of horsepower results they will be very similar, both being 4-2-1. The Tegiwa manifold is a copy of the Toda, which was regarded as one of the best. The build quality looks pretty good, too.

I also seem to notice a lot of ppl in US use the skunk 2 manifold. I haven’t found any reviews from uk
Skunk2 is an American brand and I guess those parts are marketed better out there. People here usually follow each other like sheep. You can bet if you got the Skunk2 and got fantastic results, a lot would follow you....