sky insurance unprofessional as normal.

woods206

Absaloutely Fed up to the back teeth of sky. Only insured the dc5 recently with them. Cost was 500. Explained I am a courier and they said they offer great deals for van and courier insurance if your car is insured with them.

So today I see my renewal for courier insurance is due before Oct 16th. So I call up sky for a quote. Being a courier I don't get Much time to call up and discuss these sort of things during the week.
Called them just to make sure they were open tomorrow to quote me for my courier insurance including goods in transit public lilibity etc.

To my shock I am told sky are not accepting or doing any courier policies as of today 18th Sept for about a week due to the person leaving the company. I thought this was a joke .But apparently not. The guy on the phone then said sorry but I can still quote you for goods in transit etc if required.

Now please tell me why I would pay for the liliabity etc when they can't even insure the van so I couldn't even use it for its purpose .

Sky you have let me down and once my dc5 insurance is up ibwill be leaving you. You can't palm a cusomter off with lines like that. Surely you knew the person was leaving and should have trained someone up to taken over the role.

antisanta

Advanced Member
I'm a courier and I just renewed both my policies with sky. The only difference was I was told I Markerstudy (whom I insure the teg with) don't allow other cars to be driven 3rd Party if you're profession is a courier. I don't use my car for work for work, I drive a wagon but I wasn't asked if this was the case when they asked me what my job was.