Sky's The Limiter!

Duckhunter

Hi Guys,

As we all in the UK have had our DC5's de-restricted. Does anyone know if this effects the use of the limiter. Always remember when my DC2 would hit bout 8.2k it would knock me back, but I'm not so sure about my DC5. As I always seem to look down and catch it in the red when I'm been a bit keen. If there is no limiter then I want to be more carefull cos I don't want it to blow!!! :shock:

DH

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
First off, when imported into the UK the car is not de-restricted. As part of the SVA the way in which speed and distance are worked out is switched from Kmh to Mph - this is quite litterally flipping a switch. in making this change, the top limited speed of the car is changed from 180 Kmh to 180 Mph (which I have yet to see a DC5 achieve!!)

AFAIK, this should have absolutely no effect on how RPM limiter which is part of the ECU / iVTEC gizmo doobery :wink:

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
No, when it leaves the factory the speed is restricted and the rpm is limited so to say 'derestricted' is fine - to say 'delimited' would be misleading :roll:

T666YPR

When playing around to find the perfect change point or distracted when ragging it : Believe me,you'll hit it.

It doesn't bounce as much as the DC2 does,more like a very fast stutter.

Duckhunter

Yea! always remember been on the power and hitting the limiter in the DC2. It's like been slapped in the face with a wet fish! :lol: