Slight Ticking When taking off

jonnyr

Seem to have a slight ticking noise in my DC5 when i take off.. When i say ticking i mean it makes 2 ticks and thats it. Sometimes when i ease off the throttle and "poke" it again i hear the same noise.. Anyone got any ideas what it might be or anyone come on this before??? Also im told that Fully Synth Oil may be too thin for the Type R due to the high revving... Im running on 5W 40 Fully Synth @ the mo. Anyone know whats the best rated oil to us?? :xvtec: Thanks

turbo5

Advanced Member
Its most prob not this but Had a similar problem on my CTR a tickung noise. it was a bloody nail in the tyre :oops: I was crapping myself all week thinking I had done something.

jonnyr

:D :D Deadly... The very same thing happened me on my last car. My mates a mechanic and he was puzzled. Eventually we discovered the problem and we had a gud laugh.. Gave him a right gud slaggin bout it too :D

NZITR

Advanced Member
There is a fair amount of information on this type of problem on clubrsx.com. I'd say based on the description it's an inner CV joint issue.. quite common on the DC5.