so toying with the idea of selling up 500bhp k24 dc5.

dc5ian

Advanced Member
so after 5 years of owning the atom, ive now just put that up for sale.

im also contemplating selling my dc5.

next on the list would be out of the following 3 cars lotus 340r , lotus exige v6 or a r35 gtr. anyone on here driven the v6 lotus exige?

also what do boosted tegs go for?

here is the spec. alot of the stuff like the brake kit, coilovers and wheels havent even been fitted yet

honda dc5 c pack 92k mix of both miles and kilometers

engine
k24 bottom end, dc5 oil pump.
ported dc5 head.
dc5 cams
arp studs.
supertech dual valve springs and retainers.

rbc inlet manifold, ported to 70mm
billet 70mm throttle body
solid fab big bore mainfold and super silent exhaust.
borg warnner 7670 efr turbo i/wg
turbosmart actuator
solid fabrications boost pipes
treadstone intercooler
16 row oil cooler
uprated 255l fuel pump
hondata k pro v4
map switch for high and low boost
k20 gearbox housing with brand new long ratio gears done 1k miles now
k20 oem dc5 lsd (original on car)
action stage 2 clutch
air con recently re-gased
andriod headuit sync to k pro to show engine parameters(no need for gauges)

suspension and wheels:
yellowspeed prem comp adjustable coilovers 1k miles old
hard race camber adjusters brand new
brand new rota fighters
brand new r888r tyres
fronts 255 45 r17
rear 225 47 r17
all so have a brand new set of ad08r
lotus bbk brand new
braided brake hoses brand new
ds2500 pads brand new

car produces 514 bhp and 434 ftlbs at 1 bar.

i will upload some photos of the 340 r im going to look at and some pics of my dc5

Britz

Advanced Member
I was checking your dc5 out at mims mate it was a lovely looking car 👌. I‘ve seen boosted tegs advertised anywhere from 13k to the 16k mark depending on mods and set up

Mebz

Advanced Member
I don't like it when turbo DC5's come up for sale. I'm always tempted to sell mine and buy.

Last time this happened, I sold my old one and the turbo dc5 guy changed his mind. I ended up buying something else and then the guy did end up selling it. New owner then wrote it off.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
I don't like it when turbo DC5's come up for sale. I'm always tempted to sell mine and buy.

Last time this happened, I sold my old one and the turbo dc5 guy changed his mind. I ended up buying something else and then the guy did end up selling it. New owner then wrote it off.
A mate of mines brother is selling a lot of he stuff needed to turbo a k20 if your interested in putting yours fi mate

Mebz

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
A mate of mines brother is selling a lot of he stuff needed to turbo a k20 if your interested in putting yours fi mate
Stop it!!!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
Stop it!!!
Let me know if interested but personally I‘d rather keep any Honda na even with a k24 as think FI is more for other brands. One thing I‘ve swore to do is keep my Honda‘s na (hard after some of the powerful machines I‘ve had) but they are rewarding in their own different ways whereas other cars need and rely on them out the box.

My mate use to have to turbo everything buts finally seen the light and gone k24 in his dc2

Also although a lot of work goes into turbo‘d Honda‘s I do think they are harder to sell than na ones as people always wonder how good the job is and how well it‘s been done etc

The more modified you go with anything the harder it is to sell :-( my GTi-R was a pig to sell with 400whp (uk built) but the R33 GTR with 1000bhp sold within two weeks as it had a fully documented Japanese build by Top Secret Japan