Sold car back up for sale

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

Well I sold my integra just 2 weeks ago and it's now up for sale at 4k more. Question is did I under sell it or get the right price? The car was due a service and mot had a bit of laquer peel on the bumper and a bird poop stain on the bonnet. However sort put these little nigles and it would be a good clean car. Could possibly do with another treatment of underseal as well.

I paid just 7.7k off DC5RLY from this forum and felt I got the car at a bargain price

It's shit to see this happen and the car not go straight to another car enthusiast and I do still wish I'd kept it but I wouldn't get the use of the car and I'm no where near ready to build a garage. Maybe one day I'll own another once the garage is built who knows.

Cheers
Sean

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
That's pretty rubbish as he's made out in the ad that he has owned it for years, its his pride and joy, and that he's sorry to see it go...

He can say "12k firm" all he likes but he won't get that for it or at least would be very lucky. There's another facelift exactly the same as mine for sale on the Facebook page at the moment for 12k and I think it's worth it but pre facelifts are generally worth a little less and with the things you mentioned it will degrade the price but only a little.

I would say its worth 10k based on its overall good and rust free condition. Still got low miles too and it's clearly been looked after. I think you sold it on the cheap if you sold it for 8k? These cars don't sell quickly as they're mostly enthusiast owned so if you were looking to sell it quickly for another car then it can be difficult to get it sold straight away especially when you're approaching the winter months.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

I was looking for 9k for it and was planning on getting the car through an mot and servicing the car.

The m3 was due to arrive on the same day the guy was looking to buy it which meant I wouldn't need to take out 2 insurance policies although it was only an extra £240 to insure the m3 on top of the dc5. But he was wanting to collect the car the same day I was getting the m3 so for me it meant just swapping the insurance over.

I factored these things in when I made my decision to sell it at 8k and as said I told the owner the car goes as is. I wasn't servicing or getting an mot on the car. Although I think it would have passed easily but hey ho.

I also took onto consideration this covid situation and if things are to get worse before they get better I could end up with the car sat on the drive for a few months. Who knows

I feel I made the right call but just wish someone else got hold of a good car and enjoyed it but that's life I suppose.

IntegraDan

Advanced Member
Definitely dreaming at £12k I have just bought a pre facelift with a very similar spec and paid £10k for it. Which I feel is right on the money.
I wonder if he’s basing the price on some of the fresh imports currently for sale?

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
Once you add your insurance situation, MOT and service, and the convenience of one in and out out then it's not too bad but it definitely went cheap.

Yeah covid has been a difficult one although import market prices have exploded recently so it can only be a matter of time before the knock on effect comes to good clean JDM cars in the UK.

Enjoy the M3! I recently bought an Alpina E90 D3 for the commute to work everyday.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Lemons

Advanced Member
It would still be sat on your drive at £9k. Must be the worst time ever to sell a Teg, everyone is packing their cars away for winter, lock down means you can't go and view cars, and a lot of people will be wondering if they will be employed in six months. Better to pick one up in spring once things have calmed down and when you can get out and drive it.

Sounds like you got a good swap on the M3, and that's what you wanted. I would be over the moon things went so smoothly. So easily to buy a dog and so many time wasters / scam artists around.