Solid fab exhaust

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

So went and bought a solid fab 3" exhaust for a bit more noise. Well the note from the exhaust I like but fuck me the rattles are very annoying! I'll need to get it on a ramp and adjust the system again to see if I can get it sitting better. Has anyone else had this experience? Will it sit better once I get a new manifold?

I had a 3" system from solid fab on my ep3 years ago and can't mind it rattling at all

Mebz

Advanced Member
I've got the full solid fan system, zero issues here.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

ctrsam

Yep.

First ep3 system was a catback before I could afford a manifold

Since then I‘ve also had some custom ones but most of the regular stuff he has jigs so is much easier to knock out

ctrsam

Can you get it on a ramp and get pictures?

If it‘s a problem with the exhaust I would get in touch with Alan. He is one of the nicest chaps I‘ve ever dealt with and if it‘s a genuine issue he might have a solution.

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

Yeah gonna get it up on a ramp and fit it again see how it goes. If others have been fine I'd imagine mine will be fine to.

I fitted the exhaust myself on my drive so guessing I'll be to blame

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

Exhaust has been refitted and is now sitting better. My mate reckons it could do with either a spacer from the flange at the cat or cut and twist it very slightly as the knock is due to the first bend being to close to the underside of the car. Never got any pics so not got nothing to show.

I think it'll do for now however once I get the money together for the manifold I'll ask if he can throw in a few spacers. Or fit the manifold on my mates ramp and see if any adjustments are needed and have him carry them out

BenDC5

s_barker said:
Exhaust has been refitted and is now sitting better. My mate reckons it could do with either a spacer from the flange at the cat or cut and twist it very slightly as the knock is due to the first bend being to close to the underside of the car. Never got any pics so not got nothing to show.

I think it'll do for now however once I get the money together for the manifold I'll ask if he can throw in a few spacers. Or fit the manifold on my mates ramp and see if any adjustments are needed and have him carry them out
Sorry to bring up an old post, i recently bought a solid fab to mate up with the OEM cat/manifold and i had exactly the same problems as you, hitting on the underside of the car just after where it comes off the cat flange. I cant really see a way to sort it to be honest without the rest of the exhaust system being really pissed up.

Did you buy the manifold and did it make the fitment better?

I have just purchased the solid fab manifold so if you havent yet il let you know what the fitment is like, it should sort the issue with the manifold since you can twist the VBand around to how you want it to sit and theres also a flexi which will give it a tiny bit more movement and i also think it sits further back than the standard one.

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

Solid fab sent me a few spacers to sort the fitment but my mate bassicly refitted the exhaust before putting the spacers on and I've not heard it knock since.

Although the cars just been sat on the driveway with whats been going on so it could still be knocking. I'll maybe tax it in June and get it out a few runs now that lockdown rules have lightened.