Solid Fabrications 3" Track Exhaust DC5

Indi

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Silly question, Solid Fab have the super silent exhaust for sale @550. He also have the dolphin tail one for £700. Is this the same track friendly exhaust but with a titanium tip?

I just want a 3inch system (dolphin tail) that won't get me black flagged lol
All Super silent systems are £550 I think even if you have a normal Dolphin tip. Its extra just for the Titanium tip rest of the system is still the same. IIRC the prices for systems with titanium tip are, £650 for Straight titanium tip or £700 for Pie cut dolphin titanium tip like I had on my last DC5.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Indi said:
All Super silent systems are £550 I think even if you have a normal Dolphin tip. Its extra just for the Titanium tip rest of the system is still the same. IIRC the prices for systems with titanium tip are, £650 for Straight titanium tip or £700 for Pie cut dolphin titanium tip like I had on my last DC5.
So i can get the super silent with a non titanium dolphin tip? Probs what i am after, unless there's some benefit to having a titanium tip?

Indi

Advanced Member
So i can get the super silent with a non titanium dolphin tip? Probs what i am after, unless there's some benefit to having a titanium tip?
Yeah you can get that. No benefit as such just for looks really.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Does anyone know the weight of the Solid Fab system? I was shocked today to hear the OEM is 14.9kg whereas the RM01A is 9.5kg and the REGU06&R is 11.9kg.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Does anyone know the weight of the Solid Fab system? I was shocked today to hear the OEM is 14.9kg whereas the RM01A is 9.5kg and the REGU06&R is 11.9kg.
I think midnight (previous owner of Indi's teg) said the solid fab system was heavier than the Kaki regu he had before

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Thanks guys I think I have read that somewhere on here also, sure it was Midnight's post when he had fitting issues. Will have to check and look into it a bit.

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
it isn't as light as the ones mentioned, but its worth it. No fitting issues with mine and ive had two on both the DC5's i owned. More than welcome to take a look at it when you're down at TGM mate

carl hammond

Advanced Member
it isn't as light as the ones mentioned, but its worth it. No fitting issues with mine and ive had two on both the DC5's i owned. More than welcome to take a look at it when you're down at TGM mate
Pm'd mate

Thanks

Fez

Advanced Member
The so-fab system i had before weighed alot, it was hard to carry when i sold it lol.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
The so-fab system i had before weighed alot, it was hard to carry when i sold it lol.
Thanks mate any rough idea on the weight in your head? oem is 14.1kg's I have heard so assume even if a little lighter then it's good, the only main reason I am considering it is for future proofing the car and modifications I could look at going forward if I don't sell it.

Weights I have been given are

OEM - 14.1kg's
RM01A - 9.5kg's
Regu06&R - 11.9kg's

Thanks

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
RM01A is nice but forget weight, what does it give you in extra bhp?? I know solid fabs gives alot of gains (i do have the full system)... and sounds the dogs.. plus as you know i do a lot of trackdays and apart from bedford... which is hit and miss if i set off the sound board... I pass with no problem on other tracks..

message Alan and find out the weight if thats your concern...

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Carl, just get the RM01A. Quality bit of kit and doesn‘t drone even with a manifold.
Hi Chris I was going too but I am more pointing at the Solid Fabs system at present which I didn't think I would for a number of reasons, price, quality of the welds, size of the bore for flow and future proofing the car for if I was to go down a different tuning route ever. Also Alan is not far from me so if there were or are any issues ever it's easy to go and see him and also if the DC manifold ever comes off I could have a full system as Mark has with a SF's mani also.

RM01A is nice but forget weight, what does it give you in extra bhp?? I know solid fabs gives alot of gains (i do have the full system)... and sounds the dogs.. plus as you know i do a lot of trackdays and apart from bedford... which is hit and miss if i set off the sound board... I pass with no problem on other tracks..

I know Mark and this is part the reason I am pointing towards the SF system (not only the above comments to Chris) but also as I know you have the same induction as me (pretty much) by means of an open cone setup in the bumper and if you have no issues at mainly Brands then it means I should be safe if I go for the Super Silent system.

Does Alan supply and fit if I can go there? Fancy coming down there with me when I get it (will be as soon as back from Cuba and collect the car from TGM. The other option was to get it delivered to TGM but rather go there and meet him and discuss needs from the system for the car.

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
Carl, i'll show you my solid fab system Friday, can take you for a spin as well for a proper feel of it. That should be enough to seal the deal :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Carl, i'll show you my solid fab system Friday, can take you for a spin as well for a proper feel of it. That should be enough to seal the deal :)
Cheers mate as I have been in Marks car but only on track with Crash helmets on etc so not a real feel for it on normal use if that makes sense (was amazing on track though) :)

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
car has no rear interior at the mo, so its a bit louder than normal, but it's still quieter than my spoon N1 was lol.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
car has no rear interior at the mo, so its a bit louder than normal, but it's still quieter than my spoon N1 was lol.
Lol will look forward to it, will be the first time I have driven my car in over 3 weeks and will be the last time I see or drive it until around May 26th, then back on track lol...

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Unnamed_warrior said:

On an NA car there isn‘t going to be a huge amount in it. For me the downsides such as motorway drone would sway me towards the Fuji.

Mine fitted like a glove, was light, made great power compared to the DC that was on it before, breezed track limits and didn‘t drone whatsoever on the motorway.