Spa footage dull

Kevin85

Advanced Member
I have Spa footage I would like to share with the world, only problem is, it was shot using a gopro and in low light. The gopro is fairly useless when it comes to low light, so I would like to permanently brighten the footage up.

Does anyone know of any simple programs that have basic editing functions? I would rather not go through the hassle of processing them through the gopro software as it's not exactly the fastest software around. I could probably drive to Spa and record more footage in the time it would take to process it through 'gopro studio'..

gaza4

Advanced Member
windows movie maker or imovie depending on your OS but tbh if your computer cant run GoPro Studio it will have a hard time with most video editors.

Kevin85

Advanced Member
It's not that it can't run it, I was just wondering if there was an easier solution than converting a 2gb file twice just to brighten it up a bit. :)

spooke

Advanced Member
If you upload it to YouTube you may actually be able to brighten it with their editing part :) give it a try.

JasonM

Hi there, you need Premier Pro, it has tools to balance exposure and help reduce any shadows. You probably need a mixture of tools including colour correction, then some mild sharpening, the end result will be far superior anything YouTube or Movie Maker can correct.

You can download a 30 day trail version here.

https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/premiere