Spa/Ring Trip- Advice

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Hi all,

After years of wanting to go I have finally booked Spa for the 1st April and plan to go to the ring after.

I have seen plenty of threads of places to visit and to drive carefully etc.

I was just wondering if there are things I haven't thought of or need to be aware of. I need to book the ferry for both the outward and return journeys and I still need to book hotels.

Are there any other things I need to be aware of before setting off? e.g any paperwork/ fuel issues etc?

Thanks in advance

Reggie

big-pete

Advanced Member
ok,EDIT- I was going to keep this short but I got carried away-

For hotels- go to Booking.com- my referal link is below- use it if you want it just means I get 15quid off my next stay.
https://booki.ng/2Vv7Cwj
:xcheers:

The hotels/guesthouses are all great I have yet to stay in a bad one- Beds are always comfy, and they are all normally really spacious.

If you are staying at the ring- Hotel Parking is key- make sure it has it- 99% do just make sure.

places to visit- Museum,(you cant miss it its the massive building where everyone takes pictures of the cars) Nürburgring Boulevard 1, 53520 Nürburg,
Avoid eating at the ring itself and instead go to the smaller establishments- if you want to sample one of germanys delicacies get yourself to The ED tank Stelle(petrol station by dottinger hohe also go inside and have a look at the models they have!)- Döttinger Höhe, 53520 Herresbach, Germany and grab a CurryWurst Mitt Pommes Or a Bratwurst Mitt Pommes.

Another Local spot that you have to go to (for dinner) is Pistenklaus- Kirchweg 4, 53520 Nürburg, Germany (Order the steak on the stone)

If you happen to be there on a sunday, and you have prebooked get yaself to The Crown for some Breakfast- The lads there are awesome, great pub great atmosphere. Hauptstraße 22, 53518 Adenau, Germany

Proper German food can be found- Die Gemutlige ecke- The comfy corner Hauptstraße 247, 53518 Adenau, Germany

Properly massive pizzas can be found- Hauptstraße 150, 53518 Adenau, Germany at Pinochios.

More Food- Burgpl. 2, 53520 Nürburg, Germany nice location and right by the Castle- have a jaunt up then eat some lunch.

Watching the racing/TF stuff- B412, 53518 Herresbach, Germany Thats Brunchen/Youtube corner.

Ring Tickets can be bought on the app or you can get a card from- In der Stroth, 53520 Meuspath, Germany
(opposite which is where you go onto the ring- In der Stroth L93 - Neue Nordschleifen-Zufahrt, 53520 Meuspath, Germany- Devils Diner)

Some driving tips- dont drive like dick in town leave that to the fantastic back roads/ring/autobahn.
102 octane Fuel can be found- Trierer Str. 1, 53518 Adenau,

Some stuff to remember- Cash!! as not everywhere has Card, and the Police only take Cash(ask me how I know).
Track Tips- Stay right(people pass on the left) blinker on if you are letting someone past!! Take it easy on the ring it is called the Green hell for a reason.

Apart from that I would take- Licence/V5/Insurance docs/MOT/Passport.

Hope that helps, this is my 2am Ramblings, I am going to bed. PS just booked June so if anyone fancies it DM Me. :xgrin:

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Awesome thanks Pete. Massive help.

Did you take out insurance to drive in Europe and again on the ring?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Awesome thanks Pete. Massive help.

Did you take out insurance to drive in Europe and again on the ring?
Depends who your road policy is with you normally get 30-60 days European cover but you just need to call them and confirm when you are going and where etc, the Ring is exempt from this so maybe try someone like Morris or another trackday car insurance company mate

Also one thing I would recommend is recovery, as the UK based one wont cover Europe so AA and RAC do temp additional cover for Europe which is something I would always get just in case

Mebz

Advanced Member
Interested in this topic as well.

So far I've booked in at Race and Rooms in spa and have bought an aa European travel kit and a fire extinguisher.

Not decided on whether I will be using the euro tunnel or the ferry (dover or possibly hull, hull is closer)

big-pete

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
Interested in this topic as well.

So far I've booked in at Race and Rooms in spa and have bought an aa European travel kit and a fire extinguisher.

Not decided on whether I will be using the euro tunnel or the ferry (dover or possibly hull, hull is closer)
go from hull, chill out on the ferry,

if you where closer i would say stay the night in folkstone then go by tunnel and you will be there by 1pm :)