speaker size???

Coupe Rob

Advanced Member
I have just upgraded my sound system with the following:

GTO-527 - 13cm speakers (front)
*you require the Honda Civic 2001-2006 front speaker adapters SAK-1210

GTO-637 - 16cm speakers (back)
*no adapters required. just bend the 4 mounting holes inwards and glue in to secure

C2BDB

Advanced Member
where did you get your adaptors from or did you make them??[/quote]

made them 1/2 inch mdf i think it was :xconfused: cant remember tho

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
qamvti said:
hon88 said:
Do anyone know the speaker size for the dc5 front and back??
Hi
I have got 17cm pioneer in my fronts with no problem will get some pictures up.

Go some time to get the picture up no cutting or modding went straight in.

Hi there, quick question which speaker holder did you use for the above? are they the vectra ones or the standard honda ones? :xconfused:

Dc5vic

Advanced Member
Re:

Tim J said:
I'm looking to upgrade my puny rear speakers so took one down to the local car audio place and he measured a clear 6" (or 15cm to you youngsters out there) size speaker should go straight in, however, not many companies sell this size.

The mounting depth is approx 6.5cm

The speakers I've been recommended are Ground Zero ( German co ) - reviews anyone ?

Cheers

Tim J
They look to be a decent speaker for the dc5.I'm thinking of going for them.Here's a link
http://shop.ebay.ie/i.html?_nkw=ground+ ... &_osacat=0

Dc5vic

Advanced Member
Ok,so i've done a bit of homework,spoke to some car audio technicians and tried out some sizes and I think i've found my perfect ice setup.Personal preference I have decided to stay with everything pioneer.I found that they were half the price to buy on ebay too.
For my headunit I got the pioneer avh-p3100dvd from my gf for crimbo to work with my ipod touch
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pioneer-AVH-P3100 ... 3a55a12b2d
For my front speakers I have the 17cm vauxhall vectra speaker plates and i'm going for Pioneer TS-G171C 170W speakers with tweeters http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PIONEER-TS-G171C- ... 439bd2cfdd
And for the rear speakers i'm going for Pioneer TS-E1695 220W 3 way speakers.I found that the mounts on this will have to be snipped off to fit but there are mounting screwholes on the frame which fits perfectly and can be used on the rear.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pioneer-TS-E1695- ... 3a55c2e47b
Will be fitting this over the christmas so will post some pics of it when done.

rodney

Advanced Member
Chaps,

I want to order some front speakers however I'm a bit lost as to what I need to order, I don't want to fudge about with brackets etc - I'm after direct fit.

Soooo

Has anyone got a link to a product that fits the above?

Dc5vic

Advanced Member
rodney said:
Chaps,

I want to order some front speakers however I'm a bit lost as to what I need to order, I don't want to fudge about with brackets etc - I'm after direct fit.

Soooo

Has anyone got a link to a product that fits the above?
Direct fit is gonna be a PITA to get for the front.Read my post above...They all fit but if you want bigger speakers in the doors you have to go with vauxhall brackets.I'm fitting all my ice next mon i'll have loadsa pics up to look at.I also have a brand new set of vaxhall brackets for 17cm speakers for sale if anyone is interested?

qamvti

Advanced Member
chiefpulsar said:
qamvti said:
hon88 said:
Do anyone know the speaker size for the dc5 front and back??
Hi
I have got 17cm pioneer in my fronts with no problem will get some pictures up.

Go some time to get the picture up no cutting or modding went straight in.

Hi there, quick question which speaker holder did you use for the above? are they the vectra ones or the standard honda ones? :xconfused:
Honda ones but Honda pioneer where in my car from Japan
HTH

jambo

Advanced Member
i have found the perfect speaker for the teg, im about to order some. They are such a tight fit but should fit perfectly. I even made a cardboard template to make sure they would fit in the rear. The have 3 and 4 hole fit and are made for jap cars that dont take a true 6.5" speaker. Really suprised no one has used them, plus JL audio is a quality sounding speaker.

Here is the link for the speakers. http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_comp ... omp_id=502

jambo

Advanced Member
i ordered my speakers and they turned up today. They fit spot on. Couldnt get a bigger speaker in there. Quickly plugged them in and they sound great even running through the head unit, so when there put through my alpine pdx amp they should sound great. Here is some pictures of what i had in the rear and what is now there, just got to screw them in. Ive got a set of matching components for the front aswell.

Before:

New speakers:

Fitted, well not yet screwed in :lol:

rodney

Advanced Member
Jambo..

Can you provide a product link to for the rears?

Got new headunit and front components going in on Saturday however I need a hassle free (correct!) sized rear fitment..

Thanks

jambo

Advanced Member
haha edited mate, posted the wrong link guess you can see what was on my mind :D

whl1882

Advanced Member
Hi chaps, I‘m just after a pair of ‘drop ins‘ for the rear. There‘s nothing there at the moment (not checked for leads etc) but I assume all the cables are in place to hook up a pair of rear speakers? If so, can someone post a link to some which will just drop in and run off a head unit. I‘m not fussed for acoustics so something simple will do me. Thanks.

omadc5

Advanced Member
Dc5vic said:
Ok,so i've done a bit of homework,spoke to some car audio technicians and tried out some sizes and I think i've found my perfect ice setup.Personal preference I have decided to stay with everything pioneer.I found that they were half the price to buy on ebay too.
For my headunit I got the pioneer avh-p3100dvd from my gf for crimbo to work with my ipod touch
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pioneer-AVH-P3100 ... 3a55a12b2d
For my front speakers I have the 17cm vauxhall vectra speaker plates and i'm going for Pioneer TS-G171C 170W speakers with tweeters http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PIONEER-TS-G171C- ... 439bd2cfdd
And for the rear speakers i'm going for Pioneer TS-E1695 220W 3 way speakers.I found that the mounts on this will have to be snipped off to fit but there are mounting screwholes on the frame which fits perfectly and can be used on the rear.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pioneer-TS-E1695- ... 3a55c2e47b
Will be fitting this over the christmas so will post some pics of it when done.
Where do you get the vectra speaker plates? Part no. etc?

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Hi all,
I spent all of today working on my car audio system. I am installing JL Speaker components in the front and back along with modifying the OEM tweeter housings.
I thought it might be a good idea to show some people how I have done this so they too can do this if they wish.
Its not a hard job too do, just time consuming. The front speakers are straightforward to fit using the how 2 on the first page but I thought I would add some pictures for reference of how they actually fit to the door.
This is the bare metal door behind the door card,

The Vauxhall vectra door adapters fit onto the door perfectly, they have a black lug that fits into one of the rectangle holes in the metalwork,

Now I had to drill 4 holes for the screws and then all was done with the adaptor. Next is too wire up the speakers and screw it into place.

Tweeter pods
First of all this works with the JL tweeter, Im not sure about other makes so check before hand.

The tweeter pods are clipped into the dashboard with 2 small clips, a small flat-headed screwdriver un-clips these very easily.
once out this is what you have.

The OEM tweeters un-clip from the plastic covers,

Once their out, I then used a compass cutter to mark the cover ready to be cut,

I then used a soldiering iron to melt the plastic; this is far easier than a knife and safer,

I then got the adaptor mount from the JL kit and inserted it into the plastic cover; I then used cyanoacrylate (Superglue) and glued it into place.

I then inserted the tweeters into place, Job done 8)

The best thing about these being above the dash is that they can be angled slightly and faced towards the Seats. This gives a better sound quality.
In total this took me about 1 hour max, Not a hard job but take your time as you want these central and not pissed to one side.

I will install the rears when i get a chance and add them 2.
Hope this helps,
James.