speaker size???

The Lum

Advanced Member
When people have been fitting these new speakers can I ask where a) they fit the cross over unit if they had one and b) have they ran new speaker wire through into the door or just used the original Honda stuff?

Andy.

Advanced Member
The Lum said:
When people have been fitting these new speakers can I ask where a) they fit the cross over unit if they had one and b) have they ran new speaker wire through into the door or just used the original Honda stuff?
I mounted my passenger side crossover on the left hand side behind the glovebox, rigidly self tappered to the metal work. If you remove the lugs that ordinarily stop the glovebox from dropping right down, you'll see plenty of space to mount one.

One the drivers side, i again used self tappers to screw it to the tubular brace under the dash/steering column area. Works just fine.

JamesSSB, those tweeters look pretty neat. I just used the old faithful Tiger Seal to stick the outer edge of my new tweeters to the edges (tabs) of the OEM grilles and when popped back into place it looks completely standard.

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Hi,
Thanks for the kind words, i too have put my crossovers under the dashboard as the door panels are not a good place for them as moisture can damage the circuit boards.

The only reason I have the tweeter above the oem tweeter grill is because i can angle the sound slightly my way and not towards the windscreen lol.
James.

Jvzr

Advanced Member
Any one have a link for adapters to make 5.25 aftermarket speakers fit dc5 rear?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hi guys, reopening an old thread.

I've had a new DAB head unit fitted which is great but the rear speaker sound is garbage once above a certain volume.

I took it to a car audio place today who need to know the exact speakers sizes, they've recommended changing the fronts at the same time.

So from what I've read the rears are 5.25" but can take a 6" (15cm) if required and the fronts can take up to a 17cm size speaker if I'm correct?

Also are the standard front and rear speakers basically the same speaker and size etc?

Can anyone recommend some decent rear speakers that aren't too expensive please? Have seen some Rainbow ones which seems to be a decent make.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/rainbow-dl-x5-5-25-coaxial-speakers

Thanks.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Can anyone help at all please as I need to order some speakers?

Can anyone confirm what size the front speakers are as they look smaller than the rears?

JamesL

Advanced Member
16cm in back or 17 and shave the speaker frame with a Dremel, 17cm in the front with Vauxhall adapters. Think the fronts are quite small unless you use adapters, unsure on size though. Take the door card off and measure them

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
JamesL said:
16cm in back or 17 and shave the speaker frame with a Dremel, 17cm in the front with Vauxhall adapters. Think the fronts are quite small unless you use adapters, unsure on size though. Take the door card off and measure them
James, thank you very much for this information and for the clear guidance. I wouldn't be doing the work myself but I have an excellent car audio place nearby that know what they're doing.

Take it I can get the Vauxhall adaptors from Halfords? Is it two I need for the fronts?

Many thanks

JamesL

Advanced Member
SAK 2902 is what I have but I haven‘t fitted them yet, that is what I‘ve researched myself to be the ones for the front