Spoon 2:1 Manifold/Downpipe Result!

T666YPR

OK.So far to stock car have added filter and exhaust(cat back)and stats are: 182bhp & 131ft/lb.
Car is now de-catted by fitting Spoon 2:1
Dynopack:Yellow boxes= Filter + Mugen Twin Loop Cat Back
Green boxes= filter + mugen twin loop cat back + Spoon 2:1
(note torque figs are for bottom end as it stays approx same at top,131ish)

This one shows figs for stock car v todays results:

The intake temp was within 1degF to standard and fuelling is now a little bit leaner*.
So losing the cat adds about 5hp at the hubs and in combo with the Mugen twin loop it kept the torque :D

So car figures at 187hp at the hubs and 131ft/lb
Yells its head off now as well-but not too loud for track(fingers x'd)
Done 70+ miles with no engine checklight(*might help this a little).
:) :)

(Edited because new pics host)

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
That’s interesting, although my Wheel HP was down, my Torque figure was higher then, max 150 fFtLb.

So the Hondata gives you more torque then !!

Mike

BTW, your check light will come on eventually, when running without a CAT, assuming your not running a Chip.

jonster

Advanced Member
Thanks for posting these results. It's really helping me plan my mod direction.

I think you next best mod should be to put some miles on her. I had mine from new and it didn't really feel that it has loosened-up significantly until I past 14k miles. Doesn't help you now but jsut thought I'd mention it.

Are you planning to put a Spoon header on next?

Can't wait for the 5Zigen results when you have them :) Roll on April.

Jon

T666YPR

Jon,
Not too sure now about the 4:2 because the 2:1 got rid of the main blockage (the cat) and 4:2 is pretty £££.
But then again after all else is done(still a few to do),I might have another go at it :D
Suppose I ought to get it on track so I can wear down these "Yoko Ono" Advan's and get some better rubber on as well as miles :wink:

Anybody any idea how long 'til the programmable Hondata?

jonster

Advanced Member
I'm doubtful that the Spoon header will do much for us apart from save some weight. I haven't read about anyone installing it. I just thought you might want to complete the package. Trung's site show piccies of a Mugen header with high-flow cat, so I'm waiting for that. I'm a bit worried about the posts with guys experiencing running lean and some running rich when running wihout a cat. I guess an O2 sim to keep the sensors happy is a good idea. I don't know too much about it. Trung's the man to speak to about this.

I have experienced my engine check light come on with my Hondata map, but only when hooning around Bedford.

I haven't spoken to Doug since he first came over here. Mike, Mark or Trung probably know the score with the programable Hondata .

Ever thought about running your car in before hitting the track :)
Nah, forget that. Thrash from new !!!!!

Jon

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
Hi Simon,

The programmable Hondata is just starting to appear on this side of the pond at this very moment... I am aware of some 'selected ones' who have just taken delivery.