Spoon lowering springs or tien coilovers

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Hi guys,
A quick round of opinions please
End of month I'm having some work done to the teg.
I'm having suspension parts etc out. Soooo, whilst its out i thought I'd update few things.
I'm running mugen showa dampers and springs.
I'm on about 78k miles (not km)
I'm thinking of either changing to spoon lowering springs. Or swapping for tien coilovers as only about 30 quid difference.
Mainly a road car will be doing odd track day here and there.
Cheers for opinions guys.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Vteccin_teg said:
Hi guys,
A quick round of opinions please
End of month I'm having some work done to the teg.
I'm having suspension parts etc out. Soooo, whilst its out i thought I'd update few things.
I'm running mugen showa dampers and springs.
I'm on about 78k miles (not km)
I'm thinking of either changing to spoon lowering springs. Or swapping for tien coilovers as only about 30 quid difference.
Mainly a road car will be doing odd track day here and there.
Cheers for opinions guys.

Read my suspension reviews thread may help mate it‘s later down this page or the link is on page 1 of my build thread

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
I've read it many a time mate lol. That's why I'm swayed between the 2.
I'm unsure as the mugen dampers have 78k on them, the teins will be brand new. But are they cheap for a reason!?
I'd rather the spoon springs, but how much life do the dampers have left in them lol.
Also how good are the tien coliovers?

ATC

Not sure I've ever seen good reviews for trim coilovers on any car for use in the UK. I've only ever seen people complain that they're rock solid.

Can't go wrong with the lowering springs, especially with the mugen dampers

lewis87

Advanced Member
If it‘s mostly a road car then I would just put the spoon springs on your Mugen Showa dampers.

What springs are you on now?

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
I'm assuming the mugen springs. Ride is rock solid, feels like the suspension is welded lol. Jumps all over the road haha.

James-T

Advanced Member
I have Tein adjustable coilovers and they are absolutely fantastic. So much more comfortable than stock. Highly rate them.

On the softest setting the car is like driving a matress.. Hardest setting is ideal for track etc.

Can all be done electronically in the car if you have the EDFC II installed, too!

stewR

I have Tein adjustable coilovers and they are absolutely fantastic. So much more comfortable than stock. Highly rate them.

On the softest setting the car is like driving a matress.. Hardest setting is ideal for track etc.

Can all be done electronically in the car if you have the EDFC II installed, too!

Are these the Advance Z coilovers you have?