Spoon Progressive

Wootty

Advanced Member
... Mine keep bottoming out...!

I have to creep over the speed humps otherwise the fronts just keep bumping out. Had a look under the front and you can see where the spring coils have clunked on something.

Does this sound right?

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
Think I've had the same thing happen on certain speed bumps. Annoying thing is it doesn't seem to matter what speed you go over them, it still happens! :?

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
I've had no problems at all. Did they take the Rubber covers off the original springs and put them on the Spoons? Don't know if it makes a difference but they did with mine and had no probs.

Wootty

Advanced Member
No rubber gaiters on mine - dont remember them on the originals either. Damper has a rubber on it - got to practice safe dampsing you know :lol:

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
SCOTTIECTR said:
I've had no problems at all. Did they take the Rubber covers off the original springs and put them on the Spoons? Don't know if it makes a difference but they did with mine and had no probs.
Scottie, take it you got yours fitted at Karma, where I got mine, so hoping they did the same on mine! :wink:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
The silencers (rubber tubes on springs) are there to prevent noise when the coils hit each other. they should be on stock springs and come fitted to eibachs .
I think you can buy these from tein for a couple of quid.

downside springs need removing to fit.

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Evil_Weasel said:
SCOTTIECTR said:
Scottie, take it you got yours fitted at Karma, where I got mine, so hoping they did the same on mine! :wink:
yes, I was chatting to the guy whilst he was fitting them, seeing exactly what to do, still wouldn't do it myself though :oops: