Spoon Pros Fitted

Duncs

Assisted (my mates garage, got a proper bench spring compressor)in the fitting of the Spoon Progressive Springs today (Thanks Anthony), totally different ride, difficult to explain, just different. As it came to the bottom of the 2 post ramp i thought it was going to hit the ground it was that low but it was just me,
been out and settled springs in, less harsh but i think a slightly better turn in say on roundabouts, used to have a bit of oversteer but could not get the car to do it today. so better on the road, oh yes! better looking (lower) oh yes!
better on the track i'm sure they will be
Spoon Springs get my vote :D :D :D

mikegsi

Staff member
was actually thinking about having to sort my set up out yesterday, whilst fighting with the steering wheel at mach 10 on a bumpy twisty private runway!

since i took the jap tyres off and put the goodyears on, the handling just doesnt seem as good, it seem a lot bouncier, maybe i have too much air in the tyres!

how much were these springs then mate, take it its just the springs and not shocks? easy enough to fit?

gonzo

Advanced Member
Looking at fitting these over the summer!

Would be good to see some pics! :lol:

Duncs

easy to fit, helps having a decent ramp and the real proper spring compressor, its only nuts and bolts, not the sort of thing to take on just on your drive though,
they lower the car by 25mm, i think it looks more but son/neighbour hardly noticed the difference, still plenty of clearance around the arches.
never thought about taking stage by stage photos, not sure if its the sort of thing you would want to do yourself.
track time will be the ultimat test 8)

Duncs

mike,
i went from Yoko advans to Goodyear F1 GSD3s. they soften the ride but the yokos have tough old sidewalls so i would agree you can be more agressive on the turn in on jap spec and they tend to hang in where as the goodyears tend to wash out a bit, and i think thats what euro spec tyres lack, (our dodgy old roads) so as always its a compromise.
i use my old jap tyres on the track and they do very well,

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
Duncs said:
mike,
i went from Yoko advans to Goodyear F1 GSD3s. they soften the ride but the yokos have tough old sidewalls so i would agree you can be more agressive on the turn in on jap spec and they tend to hang in where as the goodyears tend to wash out a bit, and i think thats what euro spec tyres lack, (our dodgy old roads) so as always its a compromise.
i use my old jap tyres on the track and they do very well,
Toatally, toatally agree with you here. I love the Advans, cant find them for love nor money in the UK. Only problem is that they aint so good in the wet (harder compound - bit like them Bridgestones :wink: ). Im on GDS3's now too, they're a fantastic 'winter' tyre... I'll see how they fair this summer :|

jonster

Advanced Member
Good upgrade Dunc.

If like me, you'll find the Spoon progressives a bit spongy / bouncy to start until they settle down.

Cheers,

Jon

T666YPR

I too found the A046s great on track but wanting in the wet.

Spoon progressive car,parked next to mine on OEM looks SO much better.

Getting sorted soon though 8) :D

Duncs

i got them as part of a deal/stock clearance so not sure what price is now. it was always on my list to do anyway having seen the springs in action on the track with a couple of chaps on here who have them fitted.