Spoon rear view mirror glass question.

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
Who has one fitted?

fFrstly I tried taking the blue tape off to realise that’s what makes the spoon lettering blue haha So stuck that right back!

I fitted a thicker piece of double sided in the centre and 2 thin strips either end and it stuck well.

I fitted it and stick it down. Looks good. But there is 1mm gap across the top where you can just about see the original mirror underneath. Is anyone else’s like this?

I fitted mine so there was no gap at the bottom as when I look in the mirror sitting in the seat I can not see the top gap at all. Only when you look at the mirror from the outside with the drivers door open you can see the 1mm gap at the top?

Is anyone else’s like this or did yours all fit perfect?

Thanks

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Sounds like it’s normal dude. Mine has a very small gap, before I repositioned there was a rattle where it rubbed with the OEM lip. All sorted once moved slightly tho

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
I positioned mine so that when sitting in the drivers seat it looks 100% fitted at the bottom and sides. It has no vibrations luckily. It’s just that when you look from outside into the car through the window it has a 1mm gap on top where you can see the original mirror under Which I can live with. Just for the price I thought it would be 100% but it does the job.

Object appear further in the mirror but it matches the mirrors.