Spoon, Seeker, Mugen brake pads

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Hey,

I am thinking about changing my DS2500 pads and am tempted to try one of these Spoon, Mugen, Seeker.

after a bit of research is there a reason not many people run them bar the cost? Are you just paying for the name?

Chris

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hey,

I am thinking about changing my DS2500 pads and am tempted to try one of these Spoon, Mugen, Seeker.

after a bit of research is there a reason not many people run them bar the cost? Are you just paying for the name?

Chris
Not personally tun them but my friend used to run Spoon pads on his DC2 and loved them, look at the spec's and heat ranges etc but I run Project MU HC800+ on mine for track and they are amazing, but a bit pants until hot so on the road they are very good but not amazing as such (unless you're really on it which I never am on the roads as the car's never used now really)

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Cheers mate,

It was the spoon pads I am tempted with most.

The DS2500 and Mtec combo once they get hot make the car shudder under braking. Thats the main reason for change. I even ran the new set up nice and gently for 500miles too as was a decent amount of cash on them.

Looking around seem PBS discs sound worth a shot.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
cjh1981 said:
Cheers mate,

It was the spoon pads I am tempted with most.

The DS2500 and Mtec combo once they get hot make the car shudder under braking. Thats the main reason for change. I even ran the new set up nice and gently for 500miles too as was a decent amount of cash on them.

Looking around seem PBS discs sound worth a shot.
I have never used any of the PBS things, my next setup will be all PBS, are you mainly road or track use on the car now?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
PBS and Mtec here, changed for a track upgrade and never looked back to be honest. In the near 9 years of ownership these are the best I‘ve experienced. They are very dusty, but I‘ve had zero issues with fade, shuddering etc (disks are hooked) and even driving normally from cold the bite is perfect. Not once have I braked and found them to be in-sufficient under any circumstance. The hotter they got the stronger they got, unreal performance from a simple pad upgrade.

Only down side to them is dust, White wheels turn black very quick haha. I‘d even say the ds2500 pads were more noisy when I had them years ago. Sounded like a bus with those in. I‘m yet to experience any squealing with these that‘s embarrassing/ off putting.

Adam (Gok) used to run Mugen in his. Believe he was happy with them.

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Good to here a PBS are decent. Just strange to why I have the shuddering. There is loads of life in the lads and discs to make it more annoying but hey ho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjh1981

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
I have never used any of the PBS things, my next setup will be all PBS, are you mainly road or track use on the car now?
Will be using for the odd track day and Sunday B road blast down to Rye.

Read a few more reviews on the Spoon pads and will give then a go. Like to try different products unless I something amazing then I will stick with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Give Hawk HP+ a go, they're a brilliant pad. Not cheap but don't be put off by the name. I absolutely loved mine. Bought them from Cambridge Motorsport.