Spoon Sports Europe/South Street Motors

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
http://www.spoonsportseurope.net/

I had an interesting experience with these guys :D

Straight to the point, they really are just your usual garage who have taken on the Spoon Sports branding. This does mean you wont get expert tuning for your DC5, they do however like to get things right for you so they did actually provide me with a really good customer service! (at a cost mind!) They do supply quality Spoon Parts and their shop did make me dribble a little :lol:

The guy at the service desk admitted he had never seen a DC5 before, as did the mechanic who actually phoned me for the correct valve clearance settings! :lol: They were checking because Honda gave them the DC2 settings and the ones I gave them made the engine sound a bit tooooo rough. So I had to give Tom at TGM a bell to give me the right settings. (the exhaust settings I gave them were slightly too loose)

After I got it back, the engine was tapping a lot after a 20 min drive home! after a long chat with Si on here (BIIIIG thanks Si for keeping me calm and happy!) he advised me to get them to re-do it at the lower end of the tolerances but stress the importance of doing it right first time from stone cold, which they did originally, but they had run it briefly on the wrong settings which threw the correct ones out. 8)

Anyway, all sorted now! I gave them a copy of the Acura RSX service manual for future reference so they cant go wrong! :lol:

Car is running absolutely brilliant! Seems to feel more responsive, much smoother through the revs and just feels like brand new again, really pleased thanks to Si and Tom at TGM! and eventually Spoon Sports Europe for getting it right! There is a slight tap when the car is warmer, but I am assured it's a natural happy tap from other owners! :lol:

I just have a few paint issues that need sorting now, hoping to get Will at TGM to give me a quote to correct the defects another paint place left! 8)

Otherwise, Valve Clearances, if you haven't already after every 24k, GET THEM DONE!

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Well I had mind done to the lower tolerance, Inlet: 0.21 and Exhaust: 0.25

They charged me about £80 for it including a new gasket, they also charged me extra time for giving them the wrong settings, although they really should have known!

eXceed

Resident Driver
I absolutely would NOT be taking my car back to a place that required me to tell them the settings for clearances, and would flat out refuse to pay extra due to their incompetence. Please don't go back...

dotty

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:
http://www.spoonsportseurope.net/

The guy at the service desk admitted he had never seen a DC5 before, as did the mechanic who actually phoned me for the correct valve clearance settings! :lol: They were checking because Honda gave them the DC2 settings and the ones I gave them made the engine sound a bit tooooo rough. So I had to give Tom at TGM a bell to give me the right settings. (the exhaust settings I gave them were slightly too loose)

After I got it back, the engine was tapping a lot after a 20 min drive home!
All that would have given me enough info to not even get an oil change done there..

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Ah they were ok about it really, but yeah, not sure I will be going back there again!

I am one of these people that always gives people a second chance, then usually ends up regretting it.

Too much faith in other people, thats my problem..... decided it's time to look after number 1! (thats me btw, :lol: )