Standard balljoint replacement - solution

Ronnie31

Afternoon

Ive saw and searched quite a few threads about replacing balljoints with most ending with no solution. Had a good search about and have today had fitted Honda Prelude BB6 balljoints from a 97-01 car to my DC5.

The mechanic said they matched the standard ones and fit no bother.

All looks good. Hope this helps others.

Fez

Advanced Member
I've read people fitting ep3 ball joints too, but buddyclub RCA's have different part number for dc5 to ep3

BAD3GG

Advanced Member
Good to hear there's a solution thanks Ronnie.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

gaza4

Advanced Member
good to know indeed. heard a few people say the prelude fits but no could ever confirm!!!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
How are these holding up bud? Got a link to the ones you purchased? Im thinking of getting some to replace mine over winter

Ronnie31

Sorry for the late reply. Yeah all seems fine, had some time on some b roads with sweepers and a series of hairpins and handled well.

Have to say in a multi storey today there were some noises I havent heard before which i'll need to check out

Blake

Just looking to bump this up see how others have got on with this.

Did you fit OE Honda items?

Fez

Advanced Member
Blake said:
Just looking to bump this up see how others have got on with this.

Did you fit OE Honda items?
I used buddyclub rcas. No problems so far 👍🏻

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Does anyone have the Honda part numbers for the Prelude BB6 ball joints?

Just thinking forward for a suspension refresh in the future should it be required.

Ronnie31

Car has been mot'd and the balljoints checked and theyre all good. I did have a damaged droplink which may have caused strange noise I heard

Sorry ive no link to ones I got, just from ebay

DonC576

Thanks Chris, appreciate the response. Well I've ordered a set and will let you know if they do. However, I've done a little digging and it's more likely they will. Here's why.

The Prelude BB6 balljoints I've fit to my 2002 DC5 Type R fit fine, they are the right size. I had ordered the Hardrace RSX Civic EP3 Balljoints in the past and when I tried to fit them it turned out they are too small for the Type R. Now the 2005-06 RSX has bigger balljoints on the front compared to the 02-04 RSX and in the states they fit the Prelude BB6 balljoints to the 05-06 no problem. Here's a link. http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=876265 . In the article they mention how the RSX 05-06 has a bigger balljoint that can't be sourced unless you go OEM buying the $300 full stub or use the Prelude BB6. On this forum you'll notice a few other members have fitted the Prelude BB6 balljoints to their own. Hardrace only brought that new 8796 Balljoint out in February 2017 for the 05-06 RSX as it is a different Balljoint so the reason I'm suggesting this is some members maybe unaware that it is out as they opt for the complete Honda stub, Buddy Club Roll Centre Adjusters or Prelude BB6 Blueprint Balljoints. Hardrace make great stuff and at £64 for the pair it's a great deal. Of course I'll let you guys know if they fit the DC5 Type R.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
DonC576 said:
Thanks Chris, appreciate the response. Well I've ordered a set and will let you know if they do. However, I've done a little digging and it's more likely they will. Here's why.

The Prelude BB6 balljoints I've fit to my 2002 DC5 Type R fit fine, they are the right size. I had ordered the Hardrace RSX Civic EP3 Balljoints in the past and when I tried to fit them it turned out they are too small for the Type R. Now the 2005-06 RSX has bigger balljoints on the front compared to the 02-04 RSX and in the states they fit the Prelude BB6 balljoints to the 05-06 no problem. Here's a link. http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=876265 . In the article they mention how the RSX 05-06 has a bigger balljoint that can't be sourced unless you go OEM buying the $300 full stub or use the Prelude BB6. On this forum you'll notice a few other members have fitted the Prelude BB6 balljoints to their own. Hardrace only brought that new 8796 Balljoint out in February 2017 for the 05-06 RSX as it is a different Balljoint so the reason I'm suggesting this is some members maybe unaware that it is out as they opt for the complete Honda stub, Buddy Club Roll Centre Adjusters or Prelude BB6 Blueprint Balljoints. Hardrace make great stuff and at £64 for the pair it's a great deal. Of course I'll let you guys know if they fit the DC5 Type R.
No probs mate. Good stuff. Be good to know!