standard DC5 alloys....

cfoster

Advanced Member
Does any Honda Uk dealers supply the standard DC5 alloys or are they only available overseas??

Cheers
Chris

T666YPR

Check with your local Honda dealer and they should be able to source through their parts network.Just a few days if they come from Belgium,longer if from JP.

tempest

the standard DC5 Type R alloys are uselessly heavy. The LENSO MUSE 19 x 8J that i replaced are way lighter than the stock R 17s!!

jonster

Advanced Member
Stock DC5 17's are 8.65kg each. I switched to Rota Slipstream 16's to bring the weight down to 6Kg each. The trouble is, the weight you lose in alloy you gain in tyre weight (if you keep the same wall height). It's a shame tyre manufactures don't advertise the tyre weights too.

David Johnson

Parts Trader
DC5 STANDARD ALLOY WHEELS

Standard alloy wheels can be ordered from any honda dealer,but they will have to come from japan which will take 14/21 days
The wheels come in two colours (white or silver ) and cost £430.88 each plus vat

Steels Honda
01432 267154

tofu

jonster said:
Stock DC5 17's are 8.65kg each. I switched to Rota Slipstream 16's to bring the weight down to 6Kg each. The trouble is, the weight you lose in alloy you gain in tyre weight (if you keep the same wall height). It's a shame tyre manufactures don't advertise the tyre weights too.
jdm dc5r's can fit 16" rota slipstreams?
even with their brembo??

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
tofu said:
jonster said:
jdm dc5r's can fit 16" rota slipstreams?
even with their brembo??
Yes they can

I run on 15" Team Dynanics on track and they clear my brembos.. JUST!!

UW

Trung

Advanced Member
Mark
What offsets are your 15" Pro-Race 1?
IIRC Jon had to use spacers with his 16" Slipstreams.

jonster

Advanced Member
Hey Trung,

You can forget ordering Team Dynamic this century. They are bloody useless at supplying them. Ask anyone in the industry.

I'm going to try some other ROTA 16" RIMs - Circuit 10 and Grid. They are only slightly heavier than the SlipStreams but have a different spoke design that should clear the calipers. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,

Jon

neolee40

Advanced Member
whats all this about the brebo's? do only certian alloys fit the DC-5? so if i put some 19's on they wouldn't fit cause of the brebo breaks?

T666YPR

Because the Brembo calipers stick out so far,you need to make sure the spokes,of whatever alloys you want,clear them.
This is usually sorted by buying alloys with the correct offset,or an offset that allows more room for the spokes to clear the calipers.

Different alloys with differing spoke designs and similar offset number does not mean they will fit.

ALWAYS check with the supplier if they will fit,or if possible to do so,offer them up before buying.