standard exhaust rubbing?

woolz

Advanced Member
every so often mailny when i rev the engine i can hear a weird noise from the zorst it sounds like it rubbing or rattling on the heatshield or another part of the car. if u get move the tail pipe slightly with my hand whilst the car is running i can the noise. anyone had this before?

Wootty

Advanced Member
I had somehting similar on mine - which only happened when the revs were at about 3.5k (going up through or dropping back down). Bugged the hell out of me for ages - then took it back to the dealers who tightened up all the zorst fixings and the heat shields fixings at it went away.

Its normally one of the small compressible washers that run lose and just need nipping back up to stop them resonating.

Well it was on mine anyway. :lol:

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
aaahhhh....maybe that's one of the noises I hear sometimes. Being a new car I'm not sure what noises I should hear?

If I get a chance, I'll go under and tighten things up

Wootty

Advanced Member
No probs matey...

It was buggin the hell out of me - actually spoiled my enjoyment of the car at first cos everytime i gave a lift to someone i'd get this buzzin noise and a big look of embarassment on my face - and that wasn't due to the curry from the night before...! :lol:

Breeze

Sometimes the heat sheilds develop a resonance even when they are not loose. If you get under the car and flick each of the sheilds with your finger sometimes they resonate like a tuning fork. You only need to bend them a little, flick again until they no longer resonate.