Steering Wheel Refurb

PaulDC5

Hi All,
Recently picked up a DC5 as a weekend toy to have along side my Hyundai I30N. It’s a very tidy example very happy with it! One thing I want to look at is refurbing the standard momo wheel as it has a bit of wear and tear. Anyone ever tackled this themselves? What’s the best way to go about it?
Paul

Attachments

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi All,
Recently picked up a DC5 as a weekend toy to have along side my Hyundai I30N. It’s a very tidy example very happy with it! One thing I want to look at is refurbing the standard momo wheel as it has a bit of wear and tear. Anyone ever tackled this themselves? What’s the best way to go about it?
Paul
Use the search bar and do a search as there’s already a thread with a link to a kit you can buy to diy it mate

Aside from that royal can do it but you have to send it to them

PaulDC5

Use the search bar and do a search as there’s already a thread with a link to a kit you can buy to diy it mate

Aside from that royal can do it but you have to send it to them
Thanks mate. I think I found something from East Detailing... did you try that yourself? Think it was from one of your previous posts

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Thanks mate. I think I found something from East Detailing... did you try that yourself? Think it was from one of your previous posts
No I never did it, I bought a spare steering wheel mate
East detailing rings a bell so sounds right, it’s a full kit with the thread to stitch the leather on etc from Memory and you can choose to have a stripe at the top etc

PaulDC5

No I never did it, I bought a spare steering wheel mate
East detailing rings a bell so sounds right, it’s a full kit with the thread to stitch the leather on etc from Memory and you can choose to have a stripe at the top etc
Yeah I have found the kit. I’ll get one ordered worth a try!