strange knocking noise....

cfoster

Advanced Member
Ive can hear this strange knocking noise coming from underneath the car. It mainly happens when throwing it into corner, or manoevering (SP) slowly. It sounds a bit like something popping out of place, and when you turn the other way, it donks back in again. I know for a fact its NOTHING to do with the steering.

To give an example, I reversed up my driveway, and once the back left wheel went up the ramp (reversing diagonally), it donked, then once all 4 wheels were up and i turned to park, it donked back into place!!

What i did notice yesterday though was when i reversed up it did donk, sio i straightened up carefully trying not to get it to pop into place. If i shake the car by wiggling in the seat, it donked back into place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, if the handbrake is fully on and you lean on it with some force, it makes this noise sometimes as well.

Does anyone have this problem, or any ideas?? Ive got a feeling its handbrake / handbrake cable related but not 100%.

Cheers
Chris

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
Sounds like anti roll bar has come loose.... just a guess but my first step would be to get it on a ramp and check everything underneath.