Strange Windshield Wiper Problem...Help?

Smacky_DC5

I know the wipers are supposed to automatically adjust to what speed you're going but mine are banging off the top of the dash and front pillar.

It doesn't happen all the time which makes me think it could be an electrical issue but I honestly don't have a clue....any help would be great thanks guys!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Wrong size wipers. You have some that are too long at a guess. Have a search on here or google for the correct sizes just to confirm, I cant remember off the top of my head. :)

Smacky_DC5

Jimmer said:
Wrong size wipers. You have some that are too long at a guess. Have a search on here or google for the correct sizes just to confirm, I cant remember off the top of my head. :)
I thought that at first too but I'm not too sure that's the problem because sometimes they work fine with no banging. It's like the arms over-extend themselves, but it doesn't happen everytime I use them. Which is really strange haha

S

stwteg

Smacky_DC5 said:
I thought that at first too but I'm not too sure that's the problem because sometimes they work fine with no banging. It's like the arms over-extend themselves, but it doesn't happen everytime I use them. Which is really strange haha
Mine do this too and the same as yourself it's not all the time. They hit off the A pillar (which annoys me) I find turning up the radio helps I must look into at my next service-not a huge issue but I'd prefer if it didn't do it.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Mine do this intermittent banging too, look forward to hearing your feedback :)

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator
Mine did this but I fixed them :)

If you take them apart there is a small white plastic washer which holds the ball joint firmly in place. This was worn on mine and kept slipping off causing there to be play in the wiper arm. This then meant the wipers hit the pillar and the scuttle panel.

I 3D printed some new slightly thicker washers and its been perfect ever since.

Don't know if you can buy just the washers off honda?

Brecht

Advanced Member
Mine also did it , but it had massive play in the joints and there were some broken parts.
So i ordered a new wiper mechanism and problem solved :)

donzooo

Advanced Member
Brecht said:
Mine also did it , but it had massive play in the joints and there were some broken parts.
So i ordered a new wiper mechanism and problem solved :)
Honda want £142 for it or I would have done the same, lol

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Croccy, you could always print some more washers and sell them for cost ? you dont have to pay the traders fee if you want to do this.

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator
If anybody wants to try some i'm willing for someone to test them. I have had mine on the car for over a year now and they are still working fine. I've not taken it apart to see how well they have worn though. PM me on here if you want to try.

Edit: Saying that, I will have to see if I still have the 3D model somewhere :S.

donzooo

Advanced Member
Croccy said:
If anybody wants to try some i'm willing for someone to test them. I have had mine on the car for over a year now and they are still working fine. I've not taken it apart to see how well they have worn though. PM me on here if you want to try.

Edit: Saying that, I will have to see if I still have the 3D model somewhere :S.
PM'd

joel44w

Mega thread bump

My DC5 is currently doing this , is the fix the part number listed above? (76540-S6M-003)?

Or does Croccys 3d printed parts work? Must give him a PM

joel44w

Found the wee arm on the wiper motor that's causing it , as said the plastic bush inside it comes apart! I put a big washer in under it to temporarily fix it haha gonna see how that holds and if not gonna buy the wee arm which has the bushings in it!

Bear in mind there's two arms that look the same but are different lengths!

See part 11 and part 10 on this parts diagram

joel44w

Parts are discontinued as per my local honda dealer, could probably still get it off sites like.that amayama where it would have it in stock.

I couldn't wait so just bonded the wee plastic hat/bush to the linkage arm

Attachments