Stuck with Sky Insurance (Again)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Renewal quote was £617, phoned around got some quotes from other companies, Adrian Flux came in at £495, rang sky again, they beat it down to £485, that'll do nicely!

Thanks again Sky, but it does get boring ringing around for better deals just so you can knock it down, ha ha, but business is business and you can't know what everyone else will quote! Although after ringing around you were the highest at £617, closely followed by A-plan at £614.

Keith Michaels were a respectable £530, Adrian Flux the real surprise at a low £495

Still, thanks again for your Price Guarantee, nice little deal :)

I'm 29, 9 Years No Claims for anyone who want's to know. All mods declared.

dave7368

Advanced Member
always amazes me how these quotes can go down so much after just a phone call...
it does show how much they try to make though, obviously even at £485 they will be still making a profit!

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

Well done. Its not so many years ago the majority of us would have accepted the new renewals without question.

But now we're more inclined to question them and subsequently getting the deals that we should have.

Regards.

Big Slick

I called sky about cancelling the 370 insurance until I get my DC5.

Was gonna cost over £120 in fees!

When I was speaking to them they said was a minimum premium which is a shame (£500)
Im only paying £572 with the Nissan, and was expecting the Integra to be a little cheaper...

I havent cancelled mine yet as it might be cheaper to insure my banger as a change then change it again when I get the Honda.

Shame about those fees IMO

zubzub

Advanced Member
I got insurance yesterday with sky and they beat everyone hands down. I'm 29 with only one years ncb cause I was on my mums insurance since I passed my test 12 year ago. I pay monthly and was gettin prices off 147 from Admiral and Co. So phoned sky and prestige. Prestige was £103 and sky came in at £101 still expensive I feel but still 46 quid less than Admiral. Never mind hopefully comes down a bit next year :)