Super unleaded 99 ron unavailable

k20-outlaw

Advanced Member
I live in Ireland, and for the past year or so there are NO petrol stations with in a hundred miles that supply super unleaded( 99 ron) petrol
, All petrol in Ireland is at least 95 ron, with the exception of Apple green petrol which uses a higher bioethynol content and is generally a lower quality fuel, best to be avoided in any sort of performance car

So since my car has the standard ecu and is mapped for 100 ron from japan, I am loosing a small amount of power and mpg,as the stock ecu will have adjusted the timing to suit the lower ron fuel I am running the car on.

What options do I have? are those canned octane boosters any good, I've heard in reality that they only increase the octane rating 1 number, so added to normal 95 ron fuel they might increase the octane rating to 96 or 97 at a push, not ideal and kind of expensive since they don't do the job fully

The reason I ask is that I can hear and feel a knock/ pop in the exhaust /miss,after I give my car a real good thrashing, when the engine is really hot and I've been in vtec for 5 mins or more the standard fuel is not up to the job because the ecu is trying to advance the timing to suit my driving style.

has anyone found a real strong octane booster I can add to the normal 95 ron fuel, one that's worth buying

I wish we had shell V-power here.

MrRy

Advanced Member
The only option I see is to have it remapped on 95 Ron.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

G Man

Advanced Member
Wynns NOS racing octane booster claims to add up to 6 octane points.

The non racting mix claims up to 3 octane points.

Never used the stuff, got 4 bottles sitting here however, it seems the most powerful on the market.

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
Your best bet is to get it mapped, Guy called Anghous from Galway mapped my car for 97 RON as we don't get the 99 RON stuff in the north either.

k20-outlaw

Advanced Member
Just found out over the weekend that the maxol station near me still does 99ron super unleaded, very happy as I thought they had stopped it.