Tail gate badge left a mark

adamamuk

Advanced Member
I removed the 2 rear badges in order to either replace them or clean up the existing ones
I did this using just a hairdryer and my fingers.
However, once they were off and I'd cleaned up the area using white spirit, a rubbing compound & ultimate compound followed by a wax I was still left with marks as if the badge has somehow scratched into the paint.
I've added a pic below (I've enhanced it and circled the area)
Anyone have any ideas what may have caused this/how to fix it?
* the mark is very faint (but annoys me!)

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Hey dude.

When I did this had the same problem, didn't scratch the paint but in the right light you could see where the badges had been,

I put this down to where the paint had weathered, tbh it lasted awhile, try a good paint restorer, I'm sure a going over with a da will get rid of it.

I can't remember the exact name of the stuff I used but it was like white spirit, and then auto finesse rejuvenate I think it was called.

Hth eather way after about 3 good detailing sessions you can't make it out anymore lol.

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Thanks for your reply mate.
Shall give it a bit of da action at the weekend with some colour restorer!

gaza4

Advanced Member
you said you were replacing them right? so it wont be 100% necessary to remove the mark, it will be covered by your new badge. and in fact it will be a great way to align the badge in the proper position.

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Haha, that did spring to mind when I was trying to get rid of it that it would help to align the badge! Yea, it's not 100% necessary really, just me trying to be a perfectionist! Lol

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
adamamuk said:
It does look good without them!
definitely does mate, ive just ordered anew H badge to clean the rear end up, £39 plus discount , call dave johnson at steels honda (his info is in the trader section) and he will sort you out. sorts the rear end out perfectly then lol