Tegiwa heat shield - yes or no?

Goatwidcoat

I have been waiting 6 weeks for Tegiwa's intakes to come back in stock but managed to snag a used intake this week, with silicone pipes and a precut scuttle off Ebay for £300. Bargain when it includes the scuttle and scoop! Tegiwa's loss as I was willing to buy new.

Fitted it yesterday and oh my god is it worth it. Louder than I imagined but has me grinning like an absolute loon. Love the sound leading up to VTEC too. Anyway, I'm preaching to the choir here.

Only thing it did not include was the heat shield. Tegiwa sell these for £30 and wondering if they are needed. I have read a few posts about the heat shields rattling and people end up removing them, which I assume is exactly what the previous owner did and he said he never had any heat soak issues.

What are your thoughts? Fit the heat shield or leave it as it is?

20Drift

Members
Staff member
I wouldn’t bother - had one but it rusted on the mounting points so binned it off. No noticeable difference, and I’ve had it on track a lot since doing that

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Ahhh, that’s a heatshield? Not what I expected for some reason, - I’ve got that fitted already just can’t see it under the filter.