Tegiwa intake

Bryan

Placed an order for the carbon intake on saturday, recieved an email from Tegiwa today saying i will need to wait 2-3 weeks as they have no stock :( was realy looking forward to geting it fitted this week.

This got me thinking, how do you guys with Tegiwa/Gruppe m get on when its snowing, just a case of making sure scoop is cleared before starting car?

As im so impatient i decided to do the hondata mod to oem airbox, also have a Do-luck fiter in there for now, found that de-accelerating smother and slightly more suction noise.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
I always put a t-shirt in the scoop so the snow cannot get in. Snow is messed up, there is a drain hole in the box so when it melts water can get out. I wouldnt start it with snow in it, airbox is quite easy to take out if it happens.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Cancel your order and buy Alan-lee's? saves waiting 2-3 weeks :) and you'd have it on by the weekend

Bryan

I always put a t-shirt in the scoop so the snow cannot get in. Snow is messed up, there is a drain hole in the box so when it melts water can get out. I wouldnt start it with snow in it, airbox is quite easy to take out if it happens.
Thanks, thats an idea, old t-shirt/rag will do the job!

Bryan

Cancel your order and buy Alan-lee's? saves waiting 2-3 weeks :) and you'd have it on by the weekend
So unfortunate, i emailed Tegiwa back confirming i was willing to wait and no want to cancel just before i noticed his post :( typical!

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Also use the shirts when u wash the car. Sometimes the shirt will freeze be carefull of that too

Bryan

Im off work tomorrow so will give it a bash, Only bit i am worrying about is cutting the scuttle panel :eek:

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Spent hours the day before mapping to get this intake fitted, made a really good scuttle panel channel using pieces of drain pipe heated into shape and bolted in place with the scoop bolts, aswell as some sealant.
After it was tuned I was told the intake is restrictive above about 260hp, doh! And that a cone filter (which i had previously) is more ideal haha.
Still looks cool though but the only annoying thing is the intake pipe kinks if using a silicone hose :(

Bryan

Well, i fitted it today :) Its not perfect and i wont be happy till it is so ill be poping the scuttle off again tomorow and tidying it up.
It took a couple of hours and quite a lot of swearing but oh dear it was worth it, wot a noise!!!! :) :) :) brrrraaaaaaAAAAAAGH!!!!!!

donkeykong

Advanced Member
yes, i know what you mean...make some pics of it fitted maybe can give some tips on what to adjust.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
With the RBC the throttle body opening is at about 60 degrees to the intake opening, so the 90 degree intake pipe tends to kink in on the outside bend.
I've been informed that can go as far as lose a bit of power

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
So much for the 2-3 week wait!!
It came today! :)

Top job Tegiwa!!
Yeah that was my fault lol, waiting times are usually a bit convervative haha. I never block mine up, it has a drain hole in the bottom of it anyway. Do you guys block it up in heavy rain? :lol:

dotty

Advanced Member
With the RBC the throttle body opening is at about 60 degrees to the intake opening, so the 90 degree intake pipe tends to kink in on the outside bend.
I've been informed that can go as far as lose a bit of power
You need to cut some of the silicone pipe off

Bryan

yes, i know what you mean...make some pics of it fitted maybe can give some tips on what to adjust.
sorted :) just needed to jiggly the silicone pipe for a beter fit

The noise from this intake is epic!!! I actually put the bung back into my exhaust for a few days just to listen to it lol