Tegiwa Manifold fitment

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
I’m going to fit a Tegiwa Manifold soon, is it a straight fit ? Or will I need additional parts. I’ve been told I’ll need a o2 sensor spacer, is this true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YENRAV

Advanced Member
I believe it's a straight swap.

O2 sensors are a quick fix to trick the ECU and not throw an eml.

My car with a spoon system didn't throw an eml with no spacer so you may be lucky.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Isn't there a sensor 02 sensor bung you need? Pretty sure I had one on mine. It fell out just after a track day!!

skengdR

Advanced Member
you usually need at least 1 bung and the 02 spacer if you are on the standard ecu

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Shak

I’m fitting the manifold 2day. In which hole does the o2 spacer fit?

skengdR

Advanced Member
the one that you are fitting the primary 02 sensor too , id need a picture to help you out

i only ran 1 sensor because i had kpro

Shak

Once I get the old manifold off I’ll put a picture up.

Is there any need of Exhaust paste ? Or is it just gasket job

skengdR

Advanced Member
should just be gasket replacements , some paste cant hurt though

Shak

I need some advice on taking the manifold off?

I’ve taking all the bolts out but I can’t split the manifold, the bolts ain’t coming off, I’ve even had a socket gun on it with no luck. I’m trying to take it off complete from the bottom but it’s tight to get through. There’s a heat shield on it but 2 bolts have rounded off

I’ve been trying for hours. I’ve also taken 4 bolts off that’s holding the sway bar

skengdR

Advanced Member
sounds like only elbow grease / brute force will get that one off. You wont be using the exhaust heat shield again id think so just find a way to get the rounded off bolts out and it should help.

Shak

I was thinking of using a angle grinder and splitting it that way but the CAT will be worthless

Shak

Is there any way off taking the manifold off in one piece from underneath the car?

skengdR

Advanced Member
you should be able to remove it from underneath where it connects to the b pipe. the exhauast system is 3 pieces ( exhaust manifold with or without cat , the b pipe / middle pipe with or without a silencer , and finally the back box )

If yours is stock/oem then your exhaust manifold should split into 2 for the section with the cat and then into 1 to join the b pipe

Shak

All sorted mate got it out finally.

Where does the o2 spacer fit? There’s a long and short sensor ?

Shak

I can’t get the primary sensor off, I’ve slightly rounded it off trying to force it. Any suggestions on taking it off?

20Drift

Members
Staff member
I can’t get the primary sensor off, I’ve slightly rounded it off trying to force it. Any suggestions on taking it off?

You can get a socket which has a cut out that fits over the sensor. Put that on an impact gun and it should come out

Shak

Tried everything on it to get it out but no luck. The bolt is rounded off. I took it a garage and they used a socket gun and heat.

Where can I get a sensor from, Denso make

Shak

Anyone know where I can get a primary o2 sensor from?