Tegiwa short shifter install

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
I've just gone to fit mine, and the bolt is too short...

I would of thought the lazy useless bastards at tegiwa would of rectified this after 2 years but no of course not.

Now I'm stuck and can not be arsed re assembling everything and starting again when I get the correct bolt.

More shite service from the money greedy cunts

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Say how you really feel! Lol
Haha was so angry mate.

I found a solution and swapped a bolt over near the hand brake. I will put a pic up tomorrow for anyone else who gets in the Same situation.

ktm108

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
Haha was so angry mate.

I found a solution and swapped a bolt over near the hand brake. I will put a pic up tomorrow for anyone else who gets in the Same situation.
if you could mate as im thinking about getting this kit? do you know the size and length of the short bolt and what size is more ideal as i think ill just go get longer bolts prior to install...cheers

zacho

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
Haha was so angry mate.
This would be good as i'm looking at getting this too

Justintian

Advanced Member
I got mine with one bolt short too, but asked them and received the longer version in 1 week, fitted and fine since then.

So, not a bad kit for the price.

2ndy

Advanced Member
If you look at where the bracket for the hand brake is bolted to the car there are gold coloured bolts. I took the one single one at the fron out and replaced it with the bolt tegiwa supplied

p1tse

Advanced Member
What are the tools list required for this?

I also have a k tuned spring and ball pivot, anyone know if this can be done with the shifter in situ?

kyle'87

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:

I also have a k tuned spring and ball pivot, anyone know if this can be done with the shifter in situ?
I fitted mine over Christmas and here is the tool list from memory...

• Philips head screw driver
  • Socket set with *i think* 8mm and 10mm socket, might be larger or smaller as I used different bolts as the supplied ones are too short.
  • Drill
  • Drill bit to match size of smaller diameter bolt
  • File (not necessary but I decided to just clean up the hole I drilled)
I think that is it?

This guide is very good, once the plastics are all off use the pictures to guide you.

Here are my pictures to help add to the database.

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:

Ball pivot is fitted with the shifter box out if I remember. The spring is located on the gear selector ontop of the gearbox.

All the tools needed are listed above, takes about 30mins to do. Easy peasy.

gaza4

Advanced Member
half fitted one of these this evening. the hex bolt that comes supplied in the kit is still on the short side and the nut is made of butter, stripped the threads out with little effort. oh and the hex bolt? completely wring one they gave me!!! trip to the hardware tomorrow to get new bits coz i couldnt be arsed contacting them and waiting a week for replacements.