Temp sensor?

Graham85

Hey guys first time posting here so please be kind lol

I was wondering if any of you have ever experienced this before. I recently purchased a dc5 after my pfl vsm ek9 was written off.

So I use the dc5 as a daily driver and allow the car to heat up before I drive it anywhere so the problem I'm having is the car will read its at temperature then when I start driving and have a bit of free road the car will all of a sudden start working it's way back to cold and not allow me to engage Vtec. If I park up for between 2-5 min and start the car again it reads middle of the temp gauge and will stay there for the rest of the the journey no matter how long or short it may be.

Is this a bad temp sensor or do I have a dodgy earth somewhere giving me false readings?

I was hoping someone here has had this issue before and will save me a whole load of heartache trying to figure this out

Graham85

That's something I hadn't thought about, tho the car does build temp quickly in the morning.
Tho that is something I will look at

ollieh17

Advanced Member
Not really about the issue and feel free to tell me to F*** off, but leaving a car to sit and warm up is actually more detrimental than getting in and driving it gently

Graham85

Well I'm used to having an old b series engine and it was always better to let it heat first.
It's not like I put cheap oil in or anything its just purely for the fact that allowing it to heat up gives me piece of mind that the engine is fully capable of anything I may need from it also let's me listen for any strange sounds
Just personal preference either way starting a cold engine is potentially going to damage it

Lynchdc5

Had the same problem on mine mate fitted a new thermostat and temp sensor. Which sorted the problem.