Test Drove FD2 JDM CTR today...

AdrianK

Advanced Member
It was a fantastic car guys, better than my teg in all respects id say.

You dont notice the small amount of extra weight, the dash layout is very intuitive, the list goes on...

Had to say straight off, the suspension std is v. stiff, bumpy but the levels of grip the car provides are leaps and bounds above the DC5 imo. Very planted to the ground (RE070 prob have something to do with this), the brakes are much stronger than mine, and the engine is also much smoother, say goodbye to the stuttering in low gears! The extra power and torque i would say are not noticable really, it pulls strongly but not really any much better than the teg.

Car looks fantasic in the flesh IMO, i took some pics but they dont do the car justice. Anyone with a family who is looking for a new car, this has to be perfect, and even for those without, if you can afford it, IMO it bests the DC5 in all areas, i encourage any of you to go drive it!

Thanks to Ian at Litchfield for the drive :) Heres some pictures i took...

Feel Free to leave any comments, and any questions just ask![

tara

Advanced Member
Glad you enjoyed it :wink: sounds really good and something i may move onto in the future :D but i am more than happy with my DC5 at the moment 8)

Livvy

Advanced Member
I hate you. :x trying to put this car out my head and was happy that no one had any silver ones coming in to tempt me.

Time to start saving :eek:

AdrianK

Advanced Member
Yep no blue or silver ones, all the first set of orders are whites. Litchfield can get the other colours, but only as new orders, and the wait list on those is fairly long now....

Ian is picking up new ones in the auctions, thus y he now has 4 on route or arrived...

keevster

Advanced Member
Does sound good Adrian, i really like it. 8)

Would you say but, is it worth the extra money over a DC5 :?: , is the performance that much better. :?:

I suppose when they eventually come down in price in the next couple of years, may be worth it

Paul :wink:

Gary

Advanced Member
Still cannot understand............... WHY FOUR DOORS :evil: :?: :?: :?:

AdrianK

Advanced Member
At the mo they are expensive, but i guess it depends on what you have to spend, all i can dsay is its a teg, with 4 doors, and all the niggles are srted, handling is improved and its become completely practical, even as a single car for a family....

As a daily driver, it would be great, wet weather driving was like dry wqeather teg driving, i can only imagine the gri pin the dry...
Bear in mind when i drove it it thrased down a torrent of rain lol, and the roads were swimming, it never missed a beat.

keevster said:
Does sound good Adrian, i really like it. 8)

Would you say but, is it worth the extra money over a DC5 :?: , is the performance that much better. :?:

I suppose when they eventually come down in price in the next couple of years, may be worth it

Paul :wink:

tara

Advanced Member
To be honest you would not expect it to miss a beat being a brand new Type R :wink: and like you said :!: the tyres will definitely have a lot to do with it :idea: I use to run 010's on my DC2 and they where pretty good in the wet but these 050A's i am running are extremely good in the wet and you can really put your foot down with confidence :shock: not saying its not a good car as it obviously is 8) but IMO the DC5 is better to look at and i am sure with the correct choice of mods be able to be easily as good :wink: IMO of course.

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Hi adrian,

Drool...... I have to admit i cant wait for ours to arrive in 3 weeks time!!!

By the way, i didnt notice any road tax on the car but it has a private plate on...??

Have litchfield actually registered the car yet or it is still waiting to go in for SVA testing????

Andy

neilmac

Wish you lot would forget about the fd2 or you`ll have me trying to sell one of my kidneys on ebay!

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
neilmac said:
Wish you lot would forget about the fd2 or you`ll have me trying to sell one of my kidneys on ebay!
Ha Ha,

You know you'll be placing an order for one next year some time mate!!!

:p :wink: :p

Andy
200bhp

Livvy

Advanced Member
200BHPCARS said:
neilmac said:
Ha Ha,

You know you'll be placing an order for one next year some time mate!!!

:p :wink: :p

Andy
200bhp
If you hadn't of made the mistake of getting a white one Andy and got silver all our hard earned cash would now be in your pocket. :eek:

Just been on Goo-net and they are all bloody white :x

I WANT SILVER !!!!

That VTEC Grin

Advanced Member
Definately want to try one of these at some point, to see how it compares to my DC5...

Good write up and pics... :D

Rgds

JT3173

Advanced Member
Does look great and really want 070's for my DC5 after hearing so many good things about them with this car but I still prefer the DC5 IMO.

neilmac

Thanks Andy, been trying to avoid looking at the damned thing. If i do you`ll no doubt be the first to hear about it. The Mugen RR looks the business.

griffy

Advanced Member
not mad for the looks on the new jdm civic, looks like a streached teg, not sure :?

Is it wrapped up in cotton wool or does it drive raw? soft soft I recon :D
I don't need those extra 2 doors yet, when I do I may take another look 8)

Raffe

Advanced Member
Still does absolutely nothing for me looks wise, still can't understand all the hype :? :?

A uk spec CTR in CW would look far better IMO :)

Very interested in these RE070's though, they available in Dc5 fitment?