TGM

kingcobwidley

Advanced Member
Due to all the positive feedback on TGM I decided to take my Teg there for its first service and ... I cant rate them highly enough!

Going for the full service, not only was the car inspected with a fine tooth comb, the work was very clean and tidy. It can be a long day if you don't live local, however they give you access to free wifi (definitely recommend taking laptop/ some gadgets with you) and Natalie even offered to drop me down the local shops!

Before the keys were given back, Tom went through everything he'd done and was happy to answer any of my questions. Will definitely be going back in October for its first mot!

Many thanks guys :xgrin:

Lewis93

Advanced Member
I had a very good experience with TGM the first time I went also. I had a few extra things sorted on the car which weren't even mentioned to me, which was a very pleasant surprise and great service on the car.

Back down there in June for Eibach coilovers, camber arms, bolts with a FRSU. :)

Rom

Advanced Member
I must say, ive been on my fair share of car forums. And ive never seen anywhere give the seemingly unanimous praise for a company. To the extent you crazy lot travel from all over to use them!

Short of a remap, no where will work on mine. But its good there is somewhere for people who need it, makes a nice change.

(Thats because im a diag tech, and enjoy doing it all myself, and can)

Rom

Advanced Member
I couldnt afford what i do to cars if i had to pay someone!

I guess it must be different, i forget not everyone can do it all. Just because they want it done, doesnt mean they do it themselves. Ive been building cars for so long, and working on them, seems crazy to me!

They must be good though, just makes me chuckle when i read people driving cross country for work etc. Not in a bad way, just never really seen it before :)

miki1212

Advanced Member
Rom said:
I couldnt afford what i do to cars if i had to pay someone!

I guess it must be different, i forget not everyone can do it all.
must be great to be able to do everything.

Lewis93

Advanced Member
170 miles is the shortest route for me. Grinspeed and TDi are only 60 miles but I want to go back to TGM.

Mark_teg

Staff member
I've driven from Cardiff a few times.. I like having a nose around the cars in the car park too, like a mini japfest :)

I wouldn't make that journey for basic stuff though!

Rom, don't you get fed up of doing it during working hours so rather pay somebody else to do it while out of work?
I know I do :)

Rom

Advanced Member
miki1212 said:
must be great to be able to do everything.
I guess, its just normal to me, so i dont think of it as a perk usually.
My days consist of anything from rebuilding engines, gearboxes to complex wiring faults, electrical faults etc.

But years of that, has meant i think nothing of ripping my own cars apart. Ive stripped cars to bare shells and rebuilt them.

Rom

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
I've driven from Cardiff a few times.. I like having a nose around the cars in the car park too, like a mini japfest :)

I wouldn't make that journey for basic stuff though!

Rom, don't you get fed up of doing it during working hours so rather pay somebody else to do it while out of work?
I know I do :)
You in the trade ?

I dont really get bored of cars no. But then mine are vastly different to day to day work. Dont get me wrong, I may have times i feel a bit 'all car'd out' but the bug soon returns.
Im probably in a minority, but i get a lot of enjoyment from working on my car, maybe as much as i do driving them. I like the project aspect, and creating something. Ive built a couple of nice cars, that were received very well. Seeing what people say about them is pretty rewarding. The last car i built, was my EF8, and sold for £4.5k, over the forum, in a couple of days. They guy paid a non refundable deposit to secure it, based purely on the build thread. He lived in Guernsey!

miki1212

Advanced Member
Rom said:
I guess, its just normal to me, so i dont think of it as a perk usually.
My days consist of anything from rebuilding engines, gearboxes to complex wiring faults, electrical faults etc.

But years of that, has meant i think nothing of ripping my own cars apart. Ive stripped cars to bare shells and rebuilt them.
wow... you're wonderful,

and modest too! lol

Rom

Advanced Member
I have niche skills. Everyone has some ;)

Mine just happen to be very applicable to what brings us all here.

Anyway, getting way off topic. Sorry, maybe i have a bit too much enthusiasm.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Rom said:
You in the trade ?

I dont really get bored of cars no. But then mine are vastly different to day to day work. Dont get me wrong, I may have times i feel a bit 'all car'd out' but the bug soon returns.
Im probably in a minority, but i get a lot of enjoyment from working on my car, maybe as much as i do driving them. I like the project aspect, and creating something. Ive built a couple of nice cars, that were received very well. Seeing what people say about them is pretty rewarding. The last car i built, was my EF8, and sold for £4.5k, over the forum, in a couple of days. They guy paid a non refundable deposit to secure it, based purely on the build thread. He lived in Guernsey!
Not the same trade as you, I work on plant machinery.

I think all of us on this forum like working on our cars to some degree, hence being part of this forum :)

Linus27

Advanced Member
Tom's been working on my cars for years now. I can't rate him and the rest of TGM highly enough. In fact, he has two of my cars there at the moment. Our little blue mk 1 MX5 which is having a decat, roll cage and suspension fitted and today I dropped the DC5 down for full service, wheels, mid pipe, brakes and some other bits and bobs. I wouldn't take my cars to anyone else. Thankfully they are only 15 mins away.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
linh-ej9 said:
They seem busy how advanced do you have to book?
Last time i went it was about a week....... Another thumbs up from me as well, worth the journey......OH YES ;)

Give em a call mate you wont be disappointed.

T.G.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
You won't find a more knowledgable and honest man. I take all my cars to Tom, he is just exceptional and all his team are very capable. It's worth noting to those that have never been that they also have a body shop that's just as incredible which is run by his brother Willie. A lot of the projects that have gone through there are amazing from GP2 cars to show winning cars and non-car projects. It's just not publicised as they have a lot of respect for owner's privacy.