THE BEST BRAKE DISCS/PADS YOU CAN BUY FOR YOUR TEG ARE (imo)

timp

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
no plans for pod or jae tbh mate, but im sure paul wioll be along himself to answer any questions, it is a canny whack, but the difference is unbelievable.........

how many people on here have spent similar if not more money replacing oem parts though? exhaust, induction even k-pro! the difference these make stopping you is as good as the difference k-pro makes to speeding you up!
guess you are right mate, brakes are top of my list at the moment, and if you are gonna spend the money you may as well get the most for it :D

Paul G

Members
Sorry not been on here till now - work is very busy.

1st let me officially welcome Mike to the very exclusive 'yellow Brembo's' club...you passed at very high SPH (smiles per hour :lol: )

Nice to have another happy customer.....

I dont think there's much more i can say about these that has'nt already been said before, may be just a link to Jonsters post on them - Paul G Disk/Rotors - posted 21/5. 'feels like i've gained 10hp', but i dont no how to make a link to it :oops:

I dont think the 1144 pads are av off the shelf, i have them made to order in the right size/shape for the DC5 Brembo's , there has been a price inc on pad costs :( will post up price's.

Also when i get a min, i will post up some thoughts on track day brake care - from some of the things i've seen :roll:

Paul.G.

Paul G

Members
Current prices:

1144 pads £134.49 (inc vat) per set - fast road/track.

F4 pads £167.68 (inc vat) per set - these are wt i use in my car and are not for road use, eg they dont work from cold, there a full race spec pad and i would not rec them to be used wt OEM discs unless your happy to change discs every 2 days :shock: .

Discs are £516.06 (inc vat) per pair.

Carriage works out at £8.95 (inc vat ) for pads only, and £20.56 (inc vat ) for discs and pads together, that inc ins cover as well. or i can take any bits to a track day :wink:

If anyone wts discs and pads then i will do the pads for less 20%

Thks, Paul.G

mikegsi

Staff member
prices have come down recently then eh :wink:

at pound per smile your getting a good deal though!! :D

dan the man

Advanced Member
milano_chris said:
BadBadtz said:
milano_chris said:
BadBadtz said:
Dark Blue Mark said:
Im very tempted by these in light of going ot the Ring next month. Id still like to know how they compare with say, standard discs but with the Mintex pads.
The Ring is not harsh on the brakes or car like a track day is.
:lol: :lol:

Have you ever been to the ring? I completely trashed a set of CTR brakes in 5 laps last year (both front discs and pads, car had previously done 12000 miles from new, normal road use) and I don't know the course all that well and I'm certainly not the fastest track driver! :!:
You want a balanced car in and out of the corners mate :wink: Not stamping on the brakes trying to kill all that speed :p :lol:

Plus CTR brakes? :wink:
Don't diss the CTR brakes, they aren't all that bad, and when compared to the DC5 brakes, there isn't all that much difference. Oh and I was balance, and treading carefully.

for em the ring aint bad.. the problem ios when people trail brake a lot as of course the track is hard to learn. so they get hot very easily.

the DC5 had more grip than power for the ring so they never got cooked- if u know the circuit. ctr brakes very good imo

Paul G

Members
Forgot to say, i can also get 1155 pads @ the same price as the 1144's.

And i STILL have the rear roll cage that came out of my car :roll: , if anyone wt's it FOC wt some discs :wink:

Paul.G

Paul G

Members
Sould have some discs in stock next wt, if anyone wts to avoid the 4/6wks wait...1st come 1st served :wink: :)

Thks, Paul.

mardon

I have mintex 1144's on my car and I must say they are AMAZING compared to standard pads.

As mentioned the only problem with them is the slight squeal under light breaking.

Highly recommended though!

Paul G

Members
paul G said:
Sould have some discs in stock next wt, if anyone wts to avoid the 4/6wks wait...1st come 1st served :wink: :)

Thks, Paul.
These discs are now sold, but i have some more on order that will be with me next month....

Paul.

Paul G

Members
Have had more + feedback on these & the new set i fitted to my car now have done 6 T.days with no probs (wt very high temp full race spec pads fitted).

Next lot should be ready by end of next wk & in stock soon after.... :wink:

Paul.G

dan the man

Advanced Member
ADHDboy said:
Racing Brake already do :)

I have them on my car, don't think they will fit on an NA1 but it would be a good excuse for an upgrade to the later sized discs for you :)

dan the man said:
paul start making these for the NSX..
Same uber quality? And can i use existing calpiers?

Paul G

Members
Just thought it would be nice to put some of peoples comments on the discs together in the same place.. :wink:

- Very good quality 2 piece set up(bell & disc), Approx 2kg's lighter per disc - MJ type-R.

- I consider a fair price for the parts & wt's involved - Turtle.

- I can honestly say they are a 100% improvement on my previous set up/ Probably the best mod i've fitted - Zero7.

-They look superb/ definately look the business, i'm well happy wt them - Ollie-dc5.

-They look mint, the best brake discs/pads you can buy for your Teg(imo), Proper professional job - Mikegsi (Full report at start of this post).

- Feels like i've gained 10hp, this upgrade is more impressive than i imagined, Apart from the improved braking, i had no idea the saving in rotational mass would have such a profound effect. Best mod i've done on the Teg, pair these wt decent pads & you will not doubt the capabilities of the Brembo calipers ever again - jonster.

Bad comments - The Mintex 1144 pads can squeel a little at slow speed.

The discs themselves should be good....As there made by AP Racing, one of the best manufacturers of racing brakes in the world :D

Paul.G

bfettie

PAUL G'S BRAKES

Hi,recently put Paul G's discs on the car with Mugen pads (long story) and I can safely say these are the most effective mod I've done on a pound / performance incease , most gains are small but not these......!! :D

Paul G

Members
Re: PAUL G'S BRAKES

bfettie said:
Hi,recently put Paul G's discs on the car with Mugen pads (long story) and I can safely say these are the most effective mod I've done on a pound / performance incease , most gains are small but not these......!! :D

Glad you like them.... :D :D

Paul.G

Paul G

Members
milano_chris said:
These discs + Mintex pads are my next mod. Can't wait!
xthumbup Nice to see somebody getting there priority's right......stopping is more important than anything !! :wink:

Just to clarify a question i'v been asked a few times now - Yes i do supply the discs and bells already assembled.....cos i'm a nice chap :lol:

Thks, Paul.

Paul G

Members
Sold out again :D

I have some more due in aprox 2wks time (1 set still for sale :wink: )

Thks, Paul.G/force.......