The Ultimate Battery Thread

JDC5

Charged DC5
The code

Battery15 is not working no more.... Is it because I'm using my iPhone to order it.... Does it work for anyone else??

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
That would be because the code was for last december..

Now use the Coupon code > MEGASAVE

Exide BatteryPart No.: 444771566
Coupon Benefit: -£14.98
(Weekend Discount Special!)

SubTotal:£59.94
GRAND TOTAL (inc VAT): £44.96

JDC5

Charged DC5
Woohoo thank you very much mate!!!

Just ordered that battery hope its a good one

But with that discount code it worked

£44 plus £4 next day delivery SORTED

Thanks again

JDC5

Charged DC5
Got mine within one day!

fits very well... and it does start up alot better!

.::Ant::.

Advanced Member
While everyone has a dig at Halfords, and certainly they aren't cheap, they saved my bacon after a 3 week holiday in Florida. Battery was completely dead, the AA couldn't jump it and brought the wrong battery with them. At 5:45pm on a Saturday afternoon Halfords was the only place around that could help. Saved being stuck at Gatwick until the next day.

Just for information it was the Halfords HB054.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
While everyone has a dig at Halfords, and certainly they aren't cheap, they saved my bacon after a 3 week holiday in Florida. Battery was completely dead, the AA couldn't jump it and brought the wrong battery with them. At 5:45pm on a Saturday afternoon Halfords was the only place around that could help. Saved being stuck at Gatwick until the next day.

Works and fits perfectly does it?

I need to replace mine tomorrow aswell!

firthy22

Advanced Member
I sat with my radio on for 30 mins the other day and it drained my battery and I had to bump start the car. Second time this has happened. Seems okay when leaving overnight and starting up but any load with the engine off just drains it. It's the original 8 year old battery so I just went to my local supplier to see what they had.

The only battery he had with small terminals was a small battery same size as the original but was only £52 and it was a Yuasa with 4 year warranty. When I realised Yuasa sponsor the Honda Civics in BTTC that swung it for me, will take a pic later when I get chance.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
At Japfest I was getting compliments on my battery, because it's super black stealth, lol....

And yep, it's Halfords! I just took all the stickers off, it's never skipped a beat this battery, waaaaaay better than the JDM one!

Same as Ant, PERFECT fit. Had mine 3 years now, still going strong and I drive less miles than most.

I used to get the "Eww, it's a halfords battery" comment before I took the stickers off, now I get "Wow that looks perfect!" Then I tell them it's a Halfords Nissan Micra Battery, lol.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Well i left my car with my Dad this weekend to sort me out a new battery as i'm working away in London at the moment, apparently theres a place here in Aberdeen where you can part exchange your battery and get a better price on a new one because of it. Sounds like a good deal!

Will report back at the weekend when i know more!

jcamerz

Advanced Member
Porthos what's the part no. For the halfords one? I'm getting new battery tonight. Cheers

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Porthos what's the part no. For the halfords one? I'm getting new battery tonight. Cheers

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
Anyone know what size of battery terminal clamp to buy? My negative terminal clamp has broken and looking for a replacement.